Bearded Dragons make some of the best mellow and hardy pets with a long life span and are generally friendly.
Part of caring for a Bearded Dragon ensures proper nutrition by giving the Best Bearded Dragons Foods.
Bearded Dragons are Omnivores and therefore require various plant and protein matter n their diets, including live insets and prey.
Why Proper Nutrition is Necessary for a Bearded Dragon
When it comes to Bearded Dragons, an adult will require 90% plant-based food and 10% prey items, whereas a Juvenile Bearded Dragon requires half each. It would help if you attempted similar percentages when caring for your Bearded Dragon.JuvenileBearded Dragons need fewer insects as they grow older and must be encouraged to eat more greens and vegetables,
Variety in Your Bearded Dragon’s Diet ensures that they get the right amounts of vitamins and minerals to thrive and stay healthy.
Many Food pellets contain the right percentages of vitamins, minerals, and proteins for daily feeding and added Calcium, which is usually lacking in their diets.
Feeding Your Bearded Dragon
So what should you feed Yur Bearded Dragon?
I have included some Prey and lant based Foods that are ideal for Bearded Dragons. However, you can also purchase Pelleted foods containing everything they need.
- Prey Foods Animal – Live newborn or fuzzy mice, depending on the size of your Dragon, can be fed occasionally as a treat or to form part of their Prey feed.
- Prey Foods Insects – Insects including; Crickets, Mealworms, grasshoppers, butter worms, Silkworms, Kingworms, Large Worms, and Cockroaches can be fed occasionally.
- Greens and Vegetables – Greens and Vegetables makes for most of their diet. Greens can include; kale, Collard Greens, dandelion greens, parsley, Clover, Turnip Greens, Mustard Greens, Rocket, and Coriander Greens. Vegetables can include; Peas, Green Beans, Squash, Sweet Potato, Butternut, Broccoli, Peppers, Cabbage, A[paragus, Celery, Okra, Parsnip, Bok Choi, and Courgettes.
- Fruits – Fruits should be kept to a minimum and include; Mango, Papaya, Dates, Apricots, Peaches, Plums, Kiwi, Strawberries, Pears, Guava, Raisins, and Grapes.
- Supplements – I would strongly suggest supplementing Clacium on a regular basis for optimal health in your Beardeed Dragon.
Features of a Good Bearded Dragon Food
- Fortified – A good blended food should be fortified with Vitamins, minerals and especially Calcium, to keep your bearded Dragon in a peak health condition, and to supply Vitamins and minerals that regular feeding may lack in.
- Easy Digestion – Foods need to contain easy digestion ingredients such as soluble carbohydrates, proteins, and Calcium, which aids in the digestive process and prevents gastrointestinal issues and blocking.
- Dry Prey – Dry Prey can include mealworms, Grasshopper, and dried Crickets as a feed or treat, which also makes up an important portion of your Bearded Dragon’s diet. Juvenile Bearded Dragon’s especially need a half-half ratio of Prey Food and plant-based food.
- Blend Options – Blended Food Options offer complete Nutrition with vegetable-based Pellets as well as dry prey mixed in the food. Blended Options also eliminate selective feeding, especially pellets containing both proteins and plant-based ingredients. Bearded Dragons are picky eaters and will mostly select Prey foods above PLant based foods.
Reviews: The Best Bearded Dragon Foods
- You can select from different quantity options available.
- It contains a blend of crickets, mealworms, and Pellets for complete nutrition.
- The formula is scientifically formulated to meet the dietary needs of Bearded Dragons.
- Young and Juvenil Bearded Dragons are ideal for the correct protein and plant rations for them.
The Zilla Reptile Munchies mix comes in a Vegetable or Omnivore mix for Bearded Dragons that offers complete nutrition with added Calcium.
- A blend of Nutritious Dehydrated ingredients for complete nutrition.
- Calcium is added, which is essential to prevent metabolic bone disease.
- The Blend is effortless to prepare. You hydrate it in water and serve.
- It contains a nutritious variety of ideal ingredients for Water Dragons, Bearded Dragons, Tegus, and Box Turtles.
- You can likewise choose between the Omnivore or herbivore mix.
From TradeKing, we have a veterinary certified natural feed consisting of dried crickets, a favorite among many Bearded Dragons.
- As a tasty treat, you can serve these dried Crickets occasionally.
- The Crickets are a primary food source to many Bearded Dragons and a big favorite.
- The Crickets are Gut Loaded and fed with healthy leafy greens and vegetable matter to improve your Bearded Dragon’s health.
- They are delicious and available in different pack size options you can choose from.
As a maintenance feed, you can use Repti-Cal that is fortified with much-needed vitamins and calcium.
- This food is specifically for Juvenile Bearded Dragons to meet their specific nutritional requirements.
- It s fortified with optimal levels of vitamins, minerals, and much-needed calcium, as well as vitamin D3.
- There are also different size options available.
- It is a full, natural, healthy meal for your young Bearded Dragons.
The Nature Zone Bearded Dragon Bites are a healthy protein and calcium-rich food for Bearded Dragons that stimulates their appetite, for other feedings.
- The special formal food is designed to promote Bearded Dragons’ growth and health.
- The formula is ready to eat, so no pre-soaking is required.
- It is appetite-stimulating with a delicious smell and taste that your Bearded dragon will love.
- The food is likewise easily digested, containing insolated protein, calcium, and soluble carbohydrates.
A tasty protein-rich treat from Fluker’s is their insect blend Medley for Bearded Dragons, containing their favorites, Crickets, mealworms, and grasshoppers.
- We have a delicious treat from Fluker’s that contains essentials, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- The Treat will add some variety to their diet and makes up an important part of their nutrition needs.
- You do not have to deal with the hassles of feeding live prey that may escape on you.
- This treatment is safe and nutritious, containing freeze-dried mealworms and crickets, which are a favorite among many Bearded Dragons.
Index Table: Top Rated Bearded Dragon Foods
|1||Fluker’s Buffet Blend - Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food||Fluker’s||98|
|2||Zilla Reptile - Bearded Dragon Calcium Enriched Food||Zilla||97.8|
|3||TradeKing Natural - Bearded Dragon Food||TradeKing||97.2|
|4||Rep-Cal Maintenance - Bearded Dragon Food||Rep-Cal||96.8|
|5||Nature Zone Bites - Bearded Dragon Protein||Nature Zone||97|
|6||Fluker’s Medley - Bearded Dragon Treat||Fluker’s||97.3|
Table of Contents
- Why Proper Nutrition is Necessary for a Bearded Dragon
- Feeding Your Bearded Dragon
- Features of a Good Bearded Dragon Food
- Reviews: The Best Bearded Dragon Foods
- Index Table: Top Rated Bearded Dragon Foods