Choosing the best boots for horse riding is not easy work.
This article will help you find the finest riding boots in the market.
No cowboys can ride a horse without wearing the right boots.
A quality pair of boots might cost extra but will provide extra safety.
Always invest in footwear that will last for years to come, and then it will be worth it.
Best Horse Riding Boots: A Buying Guide
A good pair of horse riding boots that will last for years to come may demand a higher cost. Go for great brands in buying such gear to avoid wasting money on bad gear. Most riders consider some factors in buying boots for decades that are still applicable today, such as;
- Price – Not all horse riders can afford expensive riding boots for real.However, quality boots are not that cheap but won’t easily break. It is better to spend extra than buying a pair of boots repeatedly in a year.
- Type – There are two types of riding boots, dress boots, and field boots. They differ in style and in times of wearing. Both are for the long-riding session. Dress boots are made of firm leather, which is a bit expensive. They are away from breaking too quickly. On the other hand, field boots are more flexible because of the soft leather material used. The second one is less expensive than the prior one. You can opt to buy cowboy boots with heel height for the Western style of riding. This factor also includes wearing riding boots. It might be pull-up or zip-up. The latter is more popular in the world of riding boots. It is easier to wear and remove than pull-up boots.
- Material – The most popular materials used in creating riding boots are leather and synthetic. Materials used to affect the prices and quality of boots. Leather-made boots offer premium quality in terms of comfort and safety. They are perfect for any condition because of the waterproof feature. These are costly, as expected. Synthetic boots are recommended for everyday riding. They are easier to clean and will not easily mold. In terms of the price, it is inexpensive yet durable. It is not best to wear during summer or winter because of its non-breathable design.
- Durability – In horse riding, you need to be tough. That rule is also appropriate for your gears, including riding boots. It must pass through a barn or ranch without turning into pieces. Look for boots that will prove years of use.
- Safety – Avoid getting steel-toed boots for it may hurt your bottoms. Better choose closed-toed with distinct heel riding boots. Heavy work-style boots will not provide you safety.
- Fitting – No matter how gorgeous riding boots are, they will be useless if not worn comfortably. Riding boots are available in various sizes to fit people with different foot sizes. Pick for bigger sizes than the original size to get the right one. Measure the calf and length of your leg to know the boots’ size to give comfort. Are you planning for your next horse riding? Hoping you will consider our best picks below!
15 Best Horse Riding Boots Reviews
Let’s get ready for your best boots for the next horse riding competition in town!
You can pick from the list below which one suits your needs. We discuss each footwear’s best features you might be looking for.
- The TuffRider for Ladies offers a classic fit for ladies.
- The uppers are soft and supple leather that is waterproof and lined.
- There is a soft and cushioned memory foam insole.
- The sole is durable and slip-resistant rubber with a flexible design.
- The boot comes in neutral chocolate and fawn color in soft leather.
The toe is roomy and allows for more space for your toes.
The sole is flexible with a durable rubber for a better grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
Inside is a plush and comfortable memory sole insert and a moisture-wicking lining.
- This is another Ariat boot on the list with different features to offer.
- They are under the Fatbaby Collection, available in many stunning designs. It applies a classic cowgirl styling in various colors to add some fun.
- Not everyone likes an overly designed boot, but these are crazy popular for reasons. You can choose between 13 colorful options.
- They are all made up of 100% leather with a synthetic sole.
- These cowboy boots got approval for performance riding anyway. It meets the athletic demands of horse riding sports.
- Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Collection Western Cowboy Boot uses up 4LR technology that improves comfort and stability.
- It is composed of a cushioning footbed, dura tread outsole, and lower shaft.
- Overall, the boots are lightweight but wear resistance. It has four-row stitching with bold colored uppers. This improves its durability in all terrains. Order two sizes up than your size for perfect fitting.
- Some boots may cause discomfort, but this one will not. It renders a glove-like fitting on your bottom without break-in time required.
- These are high boots with rustic appeal and work excellently for riding and walking.
- Two-color options are available to choose from, either black or brown.
- It is out of full-grain leather with a smooth lining.
- Mountain Horse Sovereign Field Boot comes with a bag for easy transport, as these boots cannot standalone.
- It has a unique outsole design with ripple zones that promote perfect grips during the ride. The integrated steel shank keeps the balance throughout the ride.
- It maintains the snug-fitting for a better riding experience with its heels down position.
- A back zipper and a snap zipper hold the boot in place to fit. The hidden elastic makes it even more secure.
- Your feet will not feel too hot because of its 9 sets of eyelets that allow airflow.
- If you are longing for long-lasting riding boots, look no other than Merrell’s Captiva.
- Some users stated that these boots last for more than 5 years after four rides every week. It holds up so well on trail obstacles.
- It is waterproof riding gear made for women.
- Add some spray coating to extend its usefulness. You can opt to buy between three color designs, including Espresso, Black, and Burgundy. They are all stunning and perfect for a ride.
- Safety and comfort are what matters most in making these boots. It has a cushioned sole to give comfort to your bottoms. The heel is also durable in design to overcome rough terrains.
- It looks great with jeans because of the instep zipper design. This keeps the boots in place even on a ride. Its rubber sole helps for a better grip on the ground.
- This might be too short for tall-legged riders. This pair of boots is smaller than other traditional western boots.
- Justin Boots Stampede Western Boot has been made around 1879 and has become more and more popular up-to-date.
- For over 130 years, it proves quality craftsmanship. Most western people love this boot.
- They look classic in a leather material when worn by a lady. It features a deep V-entry that makes it look more like a snip-toe Western boot.
- The accent stitching adds beauty to the boots. Choose between four color options.
- Justin used a patented J-Flex Comfort System in creating an excellent pair of boots. They end up with the most comfortable boots in the horse riding industry.
- The best cowboys wear this pair in the world.
- A durable upper and rubber sole will keep you going. These won’t break easily for years of riding.
- The most challenging part is on finding the right size. Know whether you have a square or round toe before buying a pair of this boot.
- Kids are fans of horse riding, so they need a perfect pair of boots. TuffRider provides riding footwear for children for all types of weather conditions.
- The company has done detailed quality checks on the manufacturing process.
- The style of the boots is made for every equestrian foot. It has spur rests for a comfortable riding experience. The toes will be safe with its perfectly crafted rounded toe design.
- The materials used are a blend of synthetic and leather materials that bring up a durable pair of boots.
- Taking off the boots is so easy with the help of the high-quality, smooth zip. They are water-resistant and easy to clean by simply wiping them with a damp cloth.
- It is available in two colors, such as black and mocha.
- The interior is made of soft and breathable materials for greater comfort. It also achieves flexibility through elastic gussets.
- The entire boot has detailed stitching for long years of use.
- This is one of the handcrafted footwear by Twisted X everyone could afford. Men can find comfort wearing a pair of these boots. It has a western boot style that can work with versatility.
- Its casual design makes it more appealing to most guys taking a horse ride. There are three designs to choose from. All of them render comfort with slip-resistant features and improved traction.
- This all-around cowboy boot is made of genuine full-grain leather. It considers increased breathability for added comfort. The interior lining will keep your feet dry all-day, thus promotes moisture wicking.
- It also features a full-length composite XSD console for superior stability to the traditional shank. The pull-on closure helps to secure the boots in place.
- The cowboy footwear’s footbed is easy to care for by machine-wash. They are removable in times of cleaning. It has an antibacterial feature that keeps away moisture on the footbed.
- You may want to order the sizes up of these boots to fit better.
- This is an additional pair of boots for the gents. It offers a traditional western boot design using exotic leather material. Unlike the other Western boot on the list, it has minimal accent stitching.
- There are no hassles on fitting the boots. Its simple design makes it easy to get on/off. The shock-absorbing sole provides comfort while riding through a terrain surface.
- It has an antimicrobial feature that takes away moisture and keeps the bottoms comfortable.
- It comes with four brown variations. That color suits horse riding nature in general. Aim for a wider fit by adding one size to your original foot size.
- It works so well on muddy areas without getting wet on the inside.
- The cushioning system starts from heel to toe and is removable during cleaning times. It adds comfort and safety from the inside and out.
- There is no too much tread on the rubber outsole, yet it provides strong traction on the ground.
The PVC is waterproof and durable for horse riding and other farm chores.
There are whole sizes available only in this model.
Inside there is a comfortable and moisture-wicking lining and a padded insole.
The boot has the perfect style for show performance riding as well.
- Some girls use this pair of boots just for fashion.
- But, these can be a good pair for horse riding as well. They are one of the good budget options that offer better quality.
- It works better with a pair of thick socks not to hurt your bottoms.
- These knee-high riding boots have a zipper closure for easy wearing on/off. For added security, there are buckled straps on the ankle.
- The zipper has a quilted accent and instep design for easy fitting.
- It features a round toe design with a TPR outsole for easy moving. Dream Pairs made a synthetic sole on these boots that render quality performance. It is a human-made pair of boots in different color designs.
- Soft materials are being used during production to provide a comfy feeling after a long day of riding. There is allotted room for the calves to remain comfortable.
- A fashionable and Stylish boot for horse riding for gents.
- The uppers are full leather and lined with a moisture-wicking textile lining.
- There are front knee laces for a secure fit and elegant design.
- The rubber sole offers excellent grip and traction on most surfaces.
- You do not need to look elegant in riding a horse because that was a very challenging riding experience. This simple-looking riding boot can be one of your options.
- Sam Edelman provides seven-color design options to choose from, and they all match equestrian moods. Pick a pair that will match your mood.
- They are suitable for all-day wearing because of their lightweight type.
- Just spray a stain repellant before wearing and storing the boots to avoid being dried out. This action extends its years of use for real.
- They are easy to wear by simply pulling them on your legs.
- It has a synthetic sole to bring more comfort during a ride.
- Snap-detailing is featured on its stacked heel design.
- Its wooden heels add beauty to it, just like a rustic look.
- A zipper runs up the calves, so there is no need to pull the boots on your feet.
- It is 100% leather, and it is knee length to support your legs from scratches.
- The Boot has a tall design with zipper closure.
- There are leather uppers and many neutral color options available.
- The sole is flexible and offers great traction.
- The inside of the boots features Comfort technology and Cushioning for comfort.
- The Toe Box is roomy and comfortable with a regular comfortable fit design.
- From Dublin, we have the Half-length protective Chaps for Horse Riding.
- They are available in black and brown colors and a few men’s and women’s size options.
- The Calf has a stretchy and comfortable design for a better fit.
- There is a side zip closure for quick and easy on and off.
- The Chaps are also machine washable and easy to maintain.
Buying the best horse riding boots should not be as hard as before after reading this post. Reread the above-reviewed boots to have an idea of which to buy. They are comfortable to wear and can last up to your next ride.
Feel free to share this post with your cowboy friends to help them make the right buying decision. Thank you for reading!
Index Table: Top rated Horse Riding Boots
Table of Contents
- Best Horse Riding Boots: A Buying Guide
- 15 Best Horse Riding Boots Reviews
- TuffRider® Lexington Women’s Boots for Riding a Horse
- TuffRider® Lexington Men’s Boots for Horse Riding
- Ariat® Women’s Fatbaby Collection Western Cowboy Boot Horse Riding Boots
- Mountain Horse® Sovereign Field Boot Boots for Horse Riding
- Merrell® Women’s Captiva Buckle-Down Waterproof Boot Boots for Horse Riding
- Justin Boots® Women’s Stampede Western Boot Boots for Riding a Horse
- TuffRider® Starter Front Zip Paddock Boots Horse Riding Boots
- Twisted X® Men’s All-Around Cowboy Boot Boots for Riding a Horse
- Dan Post® Men’s 69681 Waterproof Boot Boots for Horse Riding
- Ovation® Derby Cottage Men’s Boots for Horse Riding
- Dream Pairs® Women’s Knee High Riding Boots Boots for Horse Riding
- Hispar® Florance Men’s Boots for Horse Riding
- Sam Edelman® Women’s Penny Riding Boot Horse Riding Boots
- LifeStride® Xandy Women’s Boots for Riding a Horse
- Dublin® Easy-Care Horse Riding Boot Chaps
- Final Words
- Index Table: Top rated Horse Riding Boots