Chickens do not mind if you dump their food on their ground. They will still eat their food but will create a lot of mess. That’s why you need the best chicken feeders!
Chicken feeders help minimize waste while keeping the food fresh and clean. On top of that, you can easily monitor how much your chickens eat. In addition to this, chicken feeders keep the surrounding areas clean and discourage rats, mice, and insects that can be dangerous for the chickens.
Rats carry severe diseases that may easily get transmitted to your flock, and that’s why they should be discouraged from being around chickens.
In this post, we will talk about the best chicken feeders available on the market. These are super-effective, cost-effective, and made of high-quality.
Benefits of Choosing the Best Chicken Feeders
- Food Safety – Feeding your chickens in pens can attract unwanted visitors, such as raccoons, rats, etc. They can eat up the chickens’ food and can be dangerous to their life. In addition to this, chicken feeders keep the surrounding areas clean and discourage rats, mice, and insects that can be dangerous for the chickens.
- Cleanliness – To keep your chooks healthy, make sure you feed them clean, fresh, and nutritious food. The feeder should keep their grains safe in all weathers. Keep them protected against moisture and germs while avoiding the meals from getting soiled. The best feeders provide some relief in this matter.
- Prevent Wastage – Scattered feeds and grains are a common sight when you choose to use your hands to feed them. With a chicken feeder, you don’t have to be concerned about spillage. You can get a chook feeder to avoid spillage.
- Durability – So, if you invest in a sustainable model, you can expect it to be useful for your needs for many years. If you choose plastic feeders, make sure the feeder is made up of ASA plastic materials. It will ensure the feeder’s protection against harsh sunlight and brittleness.
- Feed Contamination – Some feeders come with a unique design so that only chickens’ heads can get inside the feeder. So, chickens don’t get to poop in it or walk on them. In this way, the food remains clean, fresh, and safe from contamination.
- Friendly Structure – Different types of chicken feeders are available on the market. But not all are trustworthy. You have to choose the best one depending on the needs of your chicken. For instance, the feeders made using toxic chemicals should be avoided. You need a product that requires less maintenance and has a chicken-friendly and hassle-free design.
FAQs – Best Chicken Feeder
What are the top things to consider when buying a chicken feeder? –
Ideally, you should look for the following things when buying a chicken feeder:
- Size of your chickens.
- Age of chickens.
- Place where you will keep the chickens.
- Do you want prevention against pests such as rats, crows, magpies.
- Look and features of the feeder.
- Cost of the feeder.
How do you keep bugs out of chicken feed?
A tight seal on the feed container can keep pests and bugs away from chicken feed. You should invest in a good and high-quality feeder. It is your one-time investment that is worth it. It will help you keep pests and bugs away from harming your chicken and their feeds.
What is the ideal height of a chicken feeder?
A chicken feeder should be high equal to the level of your chicken’s backs or a trifle higher. Chicks have to reach up slightly to get at their feed.
Where do you place a chicken feeder?
The best place to keep your chicken feeder is inside the chicken coop, near the door. In this way, you will be able to protect the feed from the elements. Also, it will motivate your chicks into the hutch at night and the nesting boxes to lay awesome nutrition-rich eggs.
How many feeders do I need?
Generally, 1-2 chicks can use a feeder at a time, but there are some larger feeders available that allow many birds to feed at a time. Experts recommend that you should buy one feeder that you can use to feed 6-8 birds at a time.
Reviews: Best Chicken Feeders
Here are some of the most sought after, and popular Chicken feeders available today;
- RentACoop chicken feeder is an ideal product for chicken owners and adult chickens. It is made from 100% food grade and BPA free plastic, which makes it a safe feeder for hens. This chicken feeder comes with two ports, and its design helps keep the predators away from the feed.
- You can place it anywhere in the chicken coop or yard.
- The RentACoop feeder can hold about 20 lbs of chicken feed, which is enough for 14 days for four chickens. Moreover, this feeder doesn’t need any assembling. You just need to open the top to fill the feeder with chicken feed.
- You can train your birds to use this feeder, and it will help in the long run. We liked its design, as it will keep the feed dry and offer safe access to feed chickens at any time. Therefore, it is a great option for chicken owners who are looking for a safe and inexpensive chicken feeder.
- Made from food-grade plastic that is BPA free
- Are you looking for the feeder that would keep predators off your roosters?
- If yes, then Roamwild feeder is an excellent choice. It is excellent for feeding layers pellets, corns, and grains to your chickens. This comes with a spring-loaded perch option that allows you to hang it at some height for easy access for hens.
- This feeder is perfect for feeding 4 to 6 hens at a time. The best part is that it is made from food-grade materials and rust-resistant stainless steel. The unique design of this makes it a perfect feeder for chicken owners. It comes with an anti-spilling format and prevents feed wastage as well.
- In addition, it saves chicken feed from rats, mice, and other rodents. Whenever any rat tries to access the feed, the hatch of the feeder moves downwards and block off the access to the food. Plus, this automatic feeder needs no installation or adjustment; feed reaches automatically near the hole.
- This is another best chicken feeder that you can get for your loving hens. It can hold about 25 pounds of chicken feed at a time, which can feed around ten chickens for 20 days. There is a grid in this feeder that prevents the chickens from getting inside the feeder to scratch and scatter the feed.
- With just a couple of screws, you can hang it on the wall to prevent the chicken from climbing on top of it. This will prevent spillage as well as wastage of the feed. This feeder is made from premium quality stainless steel, which makes it more durable and sturdy.
- The amazing design of this feeder protects feed from rain. Plus, the droppings of chickens cannot get in the feed because the top is pretty much longer than the tray.
- A sturdy grid prevents spillage and wastage.
- 25lb feed capacity.
- Prevents chickens from littering the feed.
- Prevents rain out of the feed.
- If you are in search of a simple to use a chicken feeder, then this is a great choice for you. Coming from the Ware Manufacturing Company, this chicken feeder is great for medium-sized flocks. It is made from galvanized steel and can last for years.
- This chicken feeder comes with a wire scratch guard that prevents chickens from spilling out their food. It is a great feeder to feed all types of chicken food.
- Reducing the level of spilling and wastage.
- Easy to move around.
- Easy to fill and clean.
- Are you looking for a simple and easy to fill feeder?
- If yes, then this chicken feeder from Harris Farms is a great option for you. Harris Farms is a TN-based company that is serving customers for three-decades with its poultry, farm, and ranch supplies. The company produces high quality and durable products. This chicken feeder also comes with utmost durability and quality.
- The best part is that you hang this chicken feeder for easy access. Therefore, this feeder with spring-loaded clips is a great product for your roosters. Moreover, this feeder causes minimal wastage of food while keeping the predators away from chicken feed.
- Above all, it offers a capacity of 15lbs and is perfect for feeding 10 to 12 chickens for more than three days. You can easily refill it as it comes with open top features.
- It has a capacity of 15lbs.
- It comes with an open-top for fast refilling.
- Easy to install and wash.
- Designed by Royal Rooster, a leading Australian company, this chicken poultry feeder is an excellent product for your chicken. This unique, Australian-made drinkers feeder saves you time and money when feeding your chicks.
- Seeing food wastage by chickens can be bad. The unique divisions in this feeder can discourage chickens from swiping the feed onto the ground, thus reducing grain wastage. Chicken can easily peck at their feed, eat all as the feed flows into the tray.
- This unique feeder comes with a rain cover that keeps the feed dry and clean. No more dirt, poo, or rain in the feeder! You can easily position your feeder outside and inside your coop.
- The gravity style Royal Rooster chicken poultry feeder is suitable for most feeds such as pellets and grain mixes. One feeder can be used for six chickens at a time and will last three chickens up to a week before you need to refill it.
- The feeder boasts a UV-resistant and slim-line design. It is made from sturdy ABS and PVC plastic materials. It can hold up to three kg of feed. You can easily hook it straight into the mesh of the chicken coop or even fix it to a solid wall.
- Rocky Mountain Goods Chick Feeder is an excellent product for feeding chicks, game birds, and small birds. It is made using rust-proof galvanized steel that features eight feeding holes.
- These holes are meant for feeding several birds at once, putting you and your chickens at ease.
- This perfectly sized chick feeder comes with a lifetime warranty. It is rated above four stars for ease of use, value for money, and sturdiness.
- On top of that, this chick feeder looks cute. The material is more durable than plastic ones. It has a quick attach base that is made for a glass or plastic jar.
- The feed is accessible for more than four chicks at a time.
- Rust-resistant material.
- Durable and sturdy chicken feeder.
- This chicken feeder is made from galvanized metal, which lasts for years. When you fill it with feed, hens can enjoy it with ease. This chicken feeder is large enough to hold around 12 pounds of feed. This feeder comes with a handle that you can use to hang it on the wall.
- Further, by hanging the feeder at some height, you can prevent the chicken feed from rats and other rodents. Also, it will prevent the chickens from scattering the feed. Moreover, hanging will provide enough room for chickens to run around without creating any mess.
- Being made from galvanized metal, it doesn’t get corroded and can last longer. It is important to note that you should not use this feeder to feed rodents or wild birds. This feeder is just for your chickens. It comes with a feeder tray.
- Stop your poultry from scratching coop waste into their food with this chicken feeder. It is the best chicken feeder fitted with a base plate for easy access. You can easily train your chicks to use it. Also, you can easily refill it and do not need to remove the whole bottle for refilling.
- There is a hook; simply remove it and fill it for chicks. It is a great product for all sized chickens or hens. It keeps the chicken feed as well as water off of the floor. Also, you can hang it at some height to protect the feed from rodents.
- This product is easy to use and durable as well. Also, the best part is that it protects the food from getting wet during rain and from getting hard during summer. So, it is a great chicken feeder for chicken owners.
- Easy to hang and clean.
- Durable and last longer.
- Protect feed from poor weather.
- Grandpa’s Feeders chicken feeder is made from high quality galvanized steel, which is built to last for years. The company has been selling this product for over twenty years, and you can trust it for quality. Moreover, it gets tightly closed with the manual opening option available.
- Its design protects the chicken feed from the risk of being eaten by rodents, mice, and other predators. Therefore, this automatic feeder is a great choice for chicken owners who have a large flock. This Grandpa’s feeder is easy to assemble and can hold about 10lbs feed for chickens.
- About six chickens can feed for ten days, and thus, you can stay worried free when out of your home. Lastly, this offers a minimal amount of wastage. Also, it protects the chicken’s feed on unwanted pests and weather conditions.
- Prevent feed from rats, mice, and rodents.
- Sturdy material lasts for years.
- Protect feed from weather conditions.
Taking care of poultry pets can be hard if you do not have the best chicken feeder and tools. Whether you are feeding and watering chickens, you need to give them the best experience. After all, your birds are like your babies.
So, always buy the best feeder that is easy to use, clean, and accessible for your chickens.
Index Table: Top rated Chicken Feeders
|1||RentACoop Chicken Feeder Chicken Owners - Chciken Feeding Device||RentACoop||98|
|2||PestOff Rat Proof Chicken Feeder by Roamwild - Feeder for Chickens||PestOff||97.8|
|3||Miller 957772 Little Giant Poultry Steel Feeder - Chicken Feeder||Miller||96.8|
|4||Ware Manufacturing Chicken Feeder - Feeder for Chickens||Ware Manufacturing||97.6|
|5||Harris Farms 1000297 Hanging Poultry Feeder - Feeder for Chickens||Harris Farms||97.4|
|6||Royal Rooster Chicken Poultry Feeder - Chciken Feeding Device||Royal Rooster||97|
|7||Rocky Mountain Goods Chick Feeder - Chicken Feeder||Rocky Mountain||97|
|8||Hanging Poultry Gamebird Feeder - Chciken Feeding Device||Hanging Poultry||96.8|
|9||Your Happy Chicks Hanging Harness - Feeder for Chickens||Your Happy Chicks||96.6|
|10||Grandpa's Feeders Automatic Chicken Feeder - Feeder for Chickens||Grandpa's Feeders||97|
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Choosing the Best Chicken Feeders
- FAQs – Best Chicken Feeder
- Reviews: Best Chicken Feeders
- RentACoop® Chicken Feeder Chicken Owners Chciken Feeding Device
- PestOff® Rat Proof Chicken Feeder by Roamwild Feeder for Chickens
- Miller® 957772 Little Giant Poultry Steel Feeder Chicken Feeder
- Ware Manufacturing® Chicken Feeder Feeder for Chickens
- Harris Farms® 1000297 Hanging Poultry Feeder Feeder for Chickens
- Royal Rooster® Chicken Poultry Feeder Chciken Feeding Device
- Rocky Mountain® Goods Chick Feeder Chicken Feeder
- Hanging Poultry® Gamebird Feeder Chciken Feeding Device
- Your Happy Chicks® Hanging Harness Feeder for Chickens
- Grandpa's Feeders® Automatic Chicken Feeder Feeder for Chickens
- Index Table: Top rated Chicken Feeders