Because your ferret’s cage is its home where it feels safe and contented, it also needs to be clean, healthy, and comfortable to live in.
Bedding in your Ferrets Cage helps to protect their feet against constant Wire mesh and adds a layer of protection for liquid, waste, and odor from accidents and messing food or water,
There are a few basics in the Best Ferret Bedding that we will further look at in this article to help you make an informed choice.
Why do You Need good Bedding for Your Ferret
It is essential to provide your Ferret with safe and comfortable bedding in their cage for a few good reasons;
- They will need a soft and comfortable area to sleep in their cage.
- It provides comfort and warmth inside the cage.
- Most Bedding types will absorb moisture and urine, keeping the cage clean and fresh for longer.
- Wool blankets and Fleece make good bedding for baby Ferrets and older Ferrets re-usable.
- Good Bedding Prevents disease and Infections.
Types of Ferret Bedding
When it Comes to ferret bedding, there are few options that you can consider;
- Sawdust and Wood Shavings – Acceptable, but the least favorite is Sawdust or Wood Shaving for Ferret Bedding. If you wish to go with this option, you must make sure to use the right product and materials, as some are harmful to Ferrets. Cedar contains oils that are toxic to ferrets. Most wood shavings and sawdust may also become stuck to your ferret’s fur causing it to become matted. Pine Shavings and Cedar Chips are a much safer option, yet still not completely advisable.
- Paper Based Bedding – Paper-Based Bedding is a very safe and comfortable option, as well as readily available. Paper used is mostly natural and has never been bleached or printed on for safety. Make sure the paper is soft and not coarse in texture.
- Newspaper Bedding – A Cheap paper Alteranituve uses Old Newspapers, the ink is also quite safe once it is dried. However, I would look for Newspapers using soybean-based ink rather.
- Cloth Bedding – Also Budget-Friendly and re-usable us Cotton fabric bedding that is absorbent and comfortable, Daily Maintenance is required, as you need to remove solid wastes daily. Also, washing this bedding should be done regularly.
- Fleece – Fleece is my absolute favorite. It is soft, comfortable, durable, and it completely draws moisture staying dry. However, you will need something absorbent underneath, depending on where you place the Fleece.
Features of a Good Ferret Bedding
- Soft and Comfortble – choose something that is soft and comfortable with no coarse partciles.
- Absorbent – Choose something that can absorb liquids to keep your ferret’s feet and cage dry.
- Odor Controlling – Some Bedding Types offer good odor control and keep the cage smelling fresh in-between cleans.
- Natural Materails – Opt for mostl natural materails such as natural unprinted or bleaced paper, and natural wood shavings or materails.
Reviews: The Best Ferret Beddings
Below you will see our top picks when it comes to bedding for Ferrets;
From Kaytee, we have safe and comfortable bedding, consisting of soft paper that also neutralizes odors.
- Completely Dust Free and safe for easy cleaning.
- The paper can absorb almost six times its weight in liquid.
- It has a soft and comfortable texture.
- The paper will neutralize odors and keep your cage smelling fresh.
- It is ideal for ferrets and other small animals such as rabbits, rats, mice, and guinea pigs.
The Fleece blanket range from Comsmart comes in various colors and sizes, making the ideal soft and re-usable bedding for Ferrets.
- A re-usable Fleece Blanket makes for Ferrets and other pets’ ideal bedding to sleep on.
- Fleece draws moisture and stays dry to the touch.
- The Blankets come in different sizes and color options you can choose from.
- Fleece is safe, soft, easy to clean, and quite affordable because it is re-usable and easy to come by.
Carefresh small pet bedding is pillowy soft, reduces odors, and will not become soggy, making it the ideal bedding for Ferrets.
- Soft natural-based bedding for your pet, Ferret.
- It eliminates odors and absorbs moisture effectively to keep your pet dry and happy.
- The Mix is completely dust-free and easy to clean.
- There are different size options available to obtain the right amount of bedding needed.
This specific paper bedding consists of natural paper that is unbleached and has never been printed on, making it a safe and comfortable bedding option for your Ferret.
- You can choose from different pack size options available for your preference.
- The Bedding is ideal for ferrets, rabbits, and Guinea Pigs.
- It is very soft and comfortable for Your Ferret and quite absorbent to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- The bedding is also quite absorbent and will help control odors by absorbing moisture and odors to keep the cage dry.
The Carefresh Paper bedding is manufactured from scratch as pure and soft paper, ideal as ferret bedding.
- You can choose this option in different sizes and colors or natural colors, whichever you may prefer.
- The bedding consists of soft natural aper fibers that are raw, unprinted, and unbleached.
- The paper-based Bedding will absorb moisture and keep your cage smelling fresh and dry.
- It is straightforward to clean out because it is 99% dust-free and safe.
The hanging Hammock sack is the perfect sleeping aid for your squirrel, making for a fun toy to climb on.
- The Sleepsack is the perfect size for up to two small ferrets and consists of comfortable and soft fleece material.
- The Hammock makes for an ideal bed and also acts as a climbing toy for your Ferret to enjoy at playtime.
- The materials are soft, safe, and absorbent, making it the ideal bedding to keep your Ferret dry and happy.
- You will see the design has three layers making it more durable and better.
Index Table: Top Rated Ferret Beddings
|1||Kaytee Clean and Cozy - Odor Control Bedding for a Ferret||Kaytee||98.4|
|2||Comsmart Pet blanket - Fleece Ferret Bedding||Comsmart||98|
|3||Carefresh Small pet - Ferret Bedding||Carefresh||97|
|4||Small Pet Select Natural - Paper Bedding for a Ferret||Small Pet Select||96|
|5||Carefresh Custom - Ferret Bedding||Carefresh||97|
|6||Fazhongfa Small Animal - Ferret Bedding||Fazhongfa||97|
Table of Contents
- Why do You Need good Bedding for Your Ferret
- Types of Ferret Bedding
- Features of a Good Ferret Bedding
- Reviews: The Best Ferret Beddings
- Index Table: Top Rated Ferret Beddings