Bathing your Pet Ferret is an important part of Grooming them and requires the Best Ferret Shampoo to safely and effectively get the job done.
When it comes to Ferrets, Odor is an issue mostly, so in this article, we will look at some of the Bets Shampoos ideals for Ferrets that cater to odors, skin ailments, and sensitive skins.
Should You Bathe Your Ferret
Bathing a Ferret remains a controversial subject. However, many Ferret owners may be tempted to regularly bathe their pet Ferret because of their strong and naturally musky scent.
Bathing your pet Ferret will temporarily reduce the scent. However, regular bathing will stimulate the production of skin oils in Ferrets and increase the scent.
So all in all, YES, you can bathe your Ferret but preferably NOT TOO OFTEN!!
It is recommended to bathe your Ferrets a few times a year, and never more than ONCE a MONTH.
If you bathe your Ferret too frequently, the smell will increase, and their skin will become dry, cracked, and irritated.
Washing strips essential oils from your Ferret’s skin, which is necessary to keep your Ferret’s skin and coat healthy. In turn, the dryness causes your Ferret to produce extra oils, which, in turn, produces extra odors.
Bathing Your Ferret
So it is time for the much-awaited bath for your Ferret. Well, here is a fun video and some tips to help you safely bathe your Ferret;
- Bathing – Make sure you have chosen the right, gentle shampoo for your Ferret. You can see our comprehensive list for some options. Remember, Your Ferret’s first experience with their bath will set the tone for future baths. Some Ferrets may enjoy the water, while others will be reluctant. Use treats, an Upbeat tone of talking, and toys to entertain a reluctant Ferret when placing it in the water. Use lukewarm water in a basin, sink, or bathtub with just enough water to submerge the Ferret with its feet still touching the ground and head out of the water. Lather up with your shampoo and keep shampoo away from their eyes and face. You can clean the face with your hands and water, or washcloth and water. Rinse the Ferret well with freshwater making sure that all shampoo is rinsed out thoroughly.
- Drying – Towel Drying your Ferret is sufficient, and Ferrets will dry out quite quickly. Just make sure that they do not Chill Out when damp and keep them in a warm area. Some owners will add a few clean and dry towels in their tube and allow the Ferrets to dry out by burrowing into the towels.
Features of a Good Ferret Shampoo
For Bathing a Ferret, it is advised to choose a shampoo specially made for Ferrets or small animals, including Ferrets. The right shampoo will not harm your Ferret or change its skin condition.
- Look for a product that contains only safe and more natural ingredients that will not be harsh on your Ferret’s skin.
- Bathing does dry out your Ferret’s skin, so it is good to look for a shampoo that has moisturizing agents in it.
- With Ferrets, the main issues are ODOR, so as you will see, most Ferret shampoos contain deodorizing and freshening ingredients that help control odors.
- Look for a shampoo with additional benefits besides just cleaning. Hydrating, Deodorizing, and softening shampoos are a great option.
Reviews: The Best Ferret Shampoos
Earthbath is a top brand making animal shampoos that are safe, natural, and biodegradable. I love their Oatmeal and Aloe Shampoo for Ferrets with soothing and hypoallergenic ingredients.
- This shampoo is ideal for Ferrets with Dry, Itchy, and Flaky Sjin.
- It cleans brilliantly and deodorizes safely, without stripping skin of essential moisture and oils.
- The Oatmeal and Aloe ingredients are soothing and moisturizing for sensitive skin.
- The product is free from Gluten, Soap, parabens, and Sulfates and completely natural.
The Ferretsheen shampoo contains natural ingredients that fight odors, cleans, and moisturizes your Ferrets skin and coat.
- A lovely Hydrating and deodorizing shampoo for Ferrets.
- The Microencapslated enzymes in the shampoo will destroy Ferret odors safely.
- The gentle Aloe Vera formula and rich Jojoba hydrates and creates a shiny coat,
- You can get the shampoo in a 10 fl oz bottle option.
The Aloe and Eucalyptus blend creates a fresh and natural scent and is very gentle o your Ferret.
- Another special blend hydrating formula for dry skin.
- The Formula contains soothing and hydrating Aloe Vera and fresh Eucalyptus to combat odors.
- The no-tears formula is very gentle on Ferrets and safe for baby Ferrets.
- It comes in a handy 8-ounce bottle.
The Petpost Ferret Shampoo contains healthy and natural ingredients that create healthy and glossy skin and fur on your Ferret with a fresh scent.
- One of the most effective Deodorizing shampoos for Ferrets.
- The patented Odor lock technology locks and eliminates bad odors, and does not cover them.
- It contains natural safflower oil and ingredients without any harsh chemicals.
- The formula also ensures that your Ferret’s coat will be healthy and shiny.
The Marshall tea Tree shampoo for Ferrets is pH balanced and will not strip your Ferrets coat of natural oils.
- This is a very gentle pH balanced shampoo formula for Ferrets.
- It combines the scent of spearmint with tea tree oil for a refreshing smell and odor resistance.
- The formula will leave your Ferret’s coat shiny and full of life.
- The combination helps to combat odor naturally.
If you want to safely reduce odors in your Ferret without having to bathe them, why not try this safe and effective Food additive?
- The Bi-Odor treatment for Ferrets I created especially to combat strong odors.
- The product is ensured safe and healthy.
- The Bi-Odor formula contains a patented blend of healthy amino acids and enzymes that help deodorize your Ferrets urine.
- It is completely safe and all-natural. Just mix it in with their food.
Index Table: Top Rated Ferret Shampoos
|1||Earthbath Oatmeal and Aloe - Shampoo for a Ferret||Earthbath||98.5|
|2||Eight in One Ferret Sheen - Deodorizing Ferret Shampoo||Eight in One||98|
|3||Marshall Aloe Vera - Ferret Shampoo||Marshall||97|
|4||Petpost Naturally - Shampoo for a Ferret||Petpost||97|
|5||Marshall Tea Tree - Gentle Ferret Shampoo||Marshall||97|
|6||Marshall Bi-Odor - Ferret Urine Neutralizer||Marshall||96|
Table of Contents
- Should You Bathe Your Ferret
- Bathing Your Ferret
- Features of a Good Ferret Shampoo
- Reviews: The Best Ferret Shampoos
- Index Table: Top Rated Ferret Shampoos