I know you are eager to watch your little one eat. But, you got to make sure you buy hamster food in a way that won’t cause problems.
Buying food for your hamster is a little tricky. Getting whatever you see at the store is not the best of ideas.
Some items at the store could contain things that could make your hamster overweight or diabetic.
A balance of nutrients is what your hamster needs daily.
Here is a list of foods that would be great for your hamster’s overall lifespan.
Buying Guide for Hamster Food
Hamsters grow up in forest areas, and they want to eat food that feels natural. Hamsters often eat insects, seeds, grass, and meat.
They are creatures who like a mix of vegetables and meat. Feeding them is the easy part. The hard part is feeding them without causing health problems.
Hamsters tend to eat more then you expect. Here is a list of things to consider before you feed your little guy.
- Look for Hamster Pellets and Feed Hamster Enough Food – You can find many pellets at your local pet store. But, be careful about it. Most pellets are high in fat. Feeding your hamster any pellet will cause them to gain more pounds. Hamsters tend to eat at different times of the day. It would be wise for you to purchase hamster pellets that have 15% to 25% protein. This will reduce their extra weight and make them think they are full-on little amounts of food. You should know this, but don’t feed your hamster too much food. The pet will start to have diarrhea and make a big mess in the cage. Always make sure the food is enough for them to get through the day. Hamsters don’t know how to stop eating. Try to give them enough to last the whole day. Do not overdo the food consumption. If you see your pet having more poops then usual, you need to feed them less food.
- Feed Hamsters Food for the Whole Day – Many people assume that hamsters must be fed late in the night, but this belief is not true. Hamsters tend to wake up at different times of the day and eat. Their eating habits are very frequent. Your pet really wants to snack during the day and eat at night. You got to make sure you feed the pet throughout the day. Feed them in the morning, evening, afternoon, and night. What time you feed your pet depends on how much food is in the hamster cage. If you see a lot of food in the cage, then it is not time to feed your hamster. Feed them many times a day.
- Buy Hamster Food That Looks Natural – Its always a good idea to feed your pet something that looks like the wild. Getting them food with strange colors might give them more than necessary ingredients. Stick to giving them natural Earth foods. Give them some hamster seeds or some vegetables. Let their body suck up the food they were intended to consume. Never give your hamster sharp or sticky foods. These foods tend to cause your hamster digestive problems or choke. The pouches they use to store food can also become stuck. Hamsters tend to store food in there for later. They have these tiny little pockets that can become glued if they feed them sticky food. This can cause them to bleed and die, as well. Stick to feeding the little guy some natural stuff.
- Don’t Feed Your Hamster Candy or Sweets – Candy is very sweet and very deadly. We all know why you want to feed your hamster candy. But, for love, all you love, please don’t do it. Hamsters tend to be very diabetic when exposed to sugar foods. Any candy or sugar foods you feed them can lead to diabetes. It would be great to read the ingredients of all the hamster food you purchase. Make sure it contains no sugar. You don’t want your hamster to have to go to the hospital, do you? Make sure each snack or seed you buy is free from sugar. Your hamster needs to stay far away from candy.
Reviews: Best Foods for Hamsters1
- If you are looking for something that can help your hamster’s teeth, then you should get Kaytee Forti Diet Pro Health Hamster Food. It will help the hamster out with its big crunchy pieces.
- The pieces are designed to strengthen the pet’s teeth and keep the teeth balanced. A hamster’s teeth can get uneven if they do not eat the right food type.
- This hamster food also comes with prebiotics and probiotics to help your hamster digest food better. Some hamsters have issues digesting food. You might want to get your hamster this if you think everything you buy them makes them have diarrhea. Great product for cleaning their stomach out and getting rid of stomach viruses.
- Good pet food for owners who want to prevent heart problems for hamsters. The product comes with natural-colored food and a mix of farm food.
- The food can have seeds, nuts, chips, and things normally found on a farm. Digestives chemicals are also injected into the food to help your hamster digest food smoother.
- Each ounce of food is touched with DHA.
- DHA prevents your hamster from having heart disease. If you are concerned with your hamster having breathing problems or heart attacks, you might want to get your hamster this hamster food product. Hamsters need all the help they can get for their possible heart problems.
- A special blend of hamster food comes with vitamins. The food is created to be very tasty and fit all types of hamsters.
- Nutrition chemicals are injected into each piece to give the hamster the best health. There is no sugar added to this. Eating this will not cause your hamster to have diabetes. The treats are colorful and try to convince your hamster that it is having fun.
- This food comes with a balance of nutrients.
- Your hamster will get everything you need in small little quantities. A health nut will be happy with this product. Some people want to make sure their hamsters are fully energized and have all the nutrients.
- If your one of those people, go get some SupremePetfoods Tiny Friends Farm Hazel Hamster Tasty Mix today. The price is also set to a reasonable amount.
- No artificial food here. A hamster will get the raw ingredients and nutrients. The food is made with Timothy Hay. Food has been hand-selected, and hand made.
- This food was not made without a creative person in mind. It comes in tiny balls that look like Fruit Loops.
- The color of each piece is the same. There is a 100% guarantee that there will be no artificial flavors or food.
- Customers who purchase this item report their hamsters eating all the food given. A hamster is not going to waste food like other hamster food.
- No, you made the right choice by getting this.
- Maybe you have a strange problem with rotten food. This pet food will try to eliminate that problem. Buy one today and see if it works.
- Comes in tiny seeds. The seeds are colored in many different colors. Each seed is optimized to contain some type of hamster fruit.
- A hamster owner like you might just want some fruit snacks for your pet.
- Getting them some small seeds like this would help. Seeds are flattened to provide a large quantity for the price you are getting.
- The price is very low, and you get 4 pounds for what you are paying. This might be the lowest hamster food on this list.
- Food is designed to give your hamster a diet.
- If you want your hamster to go on a strict diet, then you should get some. Some hamsters eat way too much, and they need smaller foods to accommodate.
- This product will force your hamster to take a diet plan.
- A diverse selection of foods that provide freshness to your house.
- Are you tired of all the stinky hamster food in your house?
- Buy this, and your house will smell like its brand new again. The food comes with Vitamin C and E to help your hamster process foods faster.
- Their legs will move faster, and body fat will go down.
- Plus, it uses a high diversity formula to give your hamster a wide range of nutrients. Some hamsters do not receive all the nutrients they need.
- There are so many a hamster needs, you know. Maybe you should get this pet food bag to give your hamster the full amount of nutrients. Get it all in one bag.
- Made for tiny gerbils, but is good for hamsters too. It was created with the intention of helping hamsters who have a tooth problem. Some hamsters have teeth that grow too fast.
- This special formula of hamster cereal will provide a hamster with hard pieces to chew on.
- The hard pieces tend to make the hamster’s teeth more healthy, according to scientists.
- It is fortified with DHA and nutrients to help your hamster live longer.
- Are you worried about your hamster living for two more years? Then, you should purchase this item to make sure they get there.
- Their body will be stuffed with proper nutrients and proper digestive functions.
- Big pieces of hamster food that look like tree branches. Your hamster will pick them up and keep chewing.
- Their teeth will get stronger, and their stomach will digest food faster. Are you interested in making your hamster teeth stronger and last longer? Then, get this hamster food soon.
- This food is sprayed with a harmless gas to add freshness.
- You can walk through your house and not have to smell that smell.
- The one that makes you want to throw your hamster outside. No, you can buy this and just put it in the living room. Sit back and enjoy your movie.
- A very large range of hamster food.
- This food was made with other animals in mind, such as rabbits. It might not be what you want your little guy to eat daily, but it provides you with many hamster foods to choose from.
- Treats are handpicked straight from the farm.
- Nothing is made with a machine. The ingredients include strawberries, hamster seeds, vegetables, peas, and potatoes.
- Each item is guaranteed to be fresh and provide your hamster with tasty food.
- Want to spoil your hamster?
- Then, get them this bundle and give them whatever they want. It contains an all in one hamster food pack. You get hamster treats and hamster food with this bag.
- 4 hamster treats for your hamster. The treats are shaped in small cylinders. Covered in honey, hamster seeds, grains, and peanut.
- A natural and sweet snack for a hamster that has been doing good. Do something special for your hamster today by getting them sticks filled with honey and peanuts.
- These sticks have been triple baked for crunchy days.
- Hamsters will be chewing on this stick for a long time. Their teeth will get stronger, and their dental health will increase.
- The snack contains high-quality ingredients to increase the hamster’s overall health.
Many hamsters grow up in the wild and are unaware of what they eat. The little bodies need guidance and direction. They need the best food you can give. As a good pet owner, it should be your duty to make sure their health is always 100%. Bring them food that will increase their life years. Allow them the chance to run free like they once did in the wild.
Index Table: Top Rated Hamster Foods
Table of Contents
- Buying Guide for Hamster Food
- Reviews: Best Foods for Hamsters
- Kaytee® Forti Diet Pro Health Hamster Food Hamster’s Food
- Higgins® Sunburst Gourmet Food Mix for Hamsters Food for Hamsters
- SupremePetfoods® Tiny Friends Farm Hazel Hamster Tasty Mix Hamster Food
- Oxbow® Animal Health Hamster Food for Hamsters
- Wild Harvest® Hamster and Gerbil Advanced Nutrition Diet Food for Hamsters
- Vitakraft® Vitasmart Hamster Food Hamster’s Food
- Vitakraft® Vita Prima Sunscription Hamster Food
- Kaytee® Forti Diet Pro Health Small Animal Food for Mice and Rats Hamster’s Food
- M. Brown'S® Tropical Carnival Farm Fresh Fixins Treats For Rabbits Food for Hamsters
- Vitakraft® Triple Baked Crunch Sticks Hamster Treat Food for Hamsters
- Index Table: Top Rated Hamster Foods