Gerbils need a safe, secure, and happy home that is entertaining and caters to their specific need.
Keep your Gerbils home out of direct sunlight and drafty areas and in a safe area.
So if you want to know the best options for Gerbil Cages, then look no further, as I will tell you all the secrets;
Choosing and Setting Up a Gerbil Cage
Three things to know about Gerbils, they CHEW through almost anything very fast, they like BURROWING, and they are master ESCAPE ARTISTS.
I generally prefer a glass tank with a mesh or wire cover for Gerbils, as this is the safest and most escape-proof option. However, there are other options to look at.
- Wire Cages – A wire cage of around 10 by 20 inches is adequate fr two Gerbils. The bars need to be spaced together very closely, though, and the bottom must be solid and high up as you need to create a burrowing area for your Gerbils,
- Glass Tank – A longer length Glass tank is most likely your best option, just make sure that you cover it with a wire or mesh grid.
- Tube Cages – Tube Cages with plenty of tunnels in a size for a Syrian hamster, is also acceptable and fun for a Gerbil. Though they are more difficult to clean. Keep in mind that Gerbils will chew plastic and anything else that is soft enough to chew to pieces.
- Accessories – Gerbils need a solid and heavy food bowl, water bottle, and a place to sleep. A small nesting box to hide in and plenty of nesting material such as paper, cardboard, and a variety of substrates for them to dig and burrow in. You can get your Gerbil some wood and cardboard chew toys, tunnels, branches, ramps, and an exercise wheel for playtime.
- Setting Up Your Gerbil Cage –
- In the Below Video, you will see how to set up a Gerbil Cage correctly;
Cleaning Your Gerbil’s Cage
You will need to clean your Gerbil’s cage on a weekly basis. Wash the water bottle and food bowl with a safe soapy solution and rinse well.
You can also wash areas of the cage that smell with soapy water ad rinses well.
Add clean substrate materials and wipe off any toys that are dirty, or replace destroyed toys.
Features of a Good Cage for Gerbils
- Cage Types – A Tunneled hamster Cage, Glass tank, or Wire Hamster Cage can be chosen. Look for a Cage size of around 10-12 inches for two Gerbils and longer in length when you use a glass tank. Wire spacing needs to be very narrow, and the cage must have a solid bottom. Keep in mind that the wire cages and tunneled hamster cages are generally less easy to clean than a tank. With a tank, you have the freedom to choose your own accessories, while most hamster cages already come complete with accessories.
- Accessories – A Wheel, some toys, a hideout, solid food bowl, and a Water bottle are all your need for a Gerbil. You can also provide them with paper and cardboard that they can shred as a fun activity.
- Substrates – Look for substrates suitable for Gerbils, rats, or hamsters and place a generous amount in the cage.
- Cage Bottom – Always look for a cage with a deep bottom.
Reviews: The Best Gerbil Cages
Looking for the best available Cage for your Gerbil, well then look no further than our comprehensive list;
One of my absolute favorite cages for Gerbils is the Niteangel Bigger World cage, which is designed ideally for Gerbils.
- The cage is available in different color options that are all aesthetically pleasing in designs.
- This spacious cage can hold two or more gerbils and comes fully equipped with all toys and accessories that are perfect for Gerbils.
- The Open design and easy view front are ideal for you to watch and enjoy your pet.
- The cage is easy to assemble and just as easy to clean and maintain.
The Favola Hamster cage is a great design for Gerbils in turn.
- This is a two-floor cage with a deep base for burrowing and a plastic ramp.
- The cage is easy to clean and maintain with top panels and an easy access door.
- The living space comes fully equipped with most of the accessories that you will need.
- The design is also very spacious and ideal for Gerbils.
- The Cage is durable and safe for Gerbils.
- The design is easy to clean and allows for good ventilation.
- There are a few accessories and a hideout included in the package.
- You can easily connect other accessories and cages from Habitrial and expand on your cage.
The You and Me Small animal High Rise Tank Topper is used on top of a Glass tank for expansion in a gerbil tank cages.
- Use your favorite tank; just make sure of the sizes with this topper to expand and create more playroom for our Gerbil.
- Te cage topper has a safe and secure design with easy access.
- The design is convenient and comes fully assembled.
One of my favorite cages to use for a Gerbil is generally any Glass Tank which allows them to easily burrow and create s a safe and easy to clean living space.
The perfect starter aquarium or terrarium for a wide variety of fish and reptiles
- This tank is the perfect size for one or more Gerbils.
- The tank is very easy to clean and offers a safe ad spacious habitat for a Gerbil.
- You can design your own cage and add your own toys and accessories to your liking.
- This is also a very affordable Cage option for Gerbils.
The Savic Geneva Modern hamster Cage is a great design to use as a Gerbil Cage.
- The Cage has a modern design and two stories.
- The Geneva comes complete with all the accessories that you need for a happy Gerbil.
- The see-through design allows you to easily check on your pet.
- The design is likewise very easy to clean and maintain.
Index Table: Top Rated Gerbil Cages
|1||Niteangel Bigger World - Cage for Gerbils||Niteangel||98|
|2||Favola Hamster Cage - Gerbil Cage||Favola||98|
|3||Habitrail Small Animal - Cage for Your Gerbil||Habitrail||96.8|
|4||You and Me Small Animal - Tank Topper for Your Gerbil||You and Me||96.5|
|5||Aqua Culture - Aquarium Gerbil Cage||Aqua||96.7|
|6||Savic Geneva - Modern Cage for Gerbils||Savic||97|
Table of Contents
- Choosing and Setting Up a Gerbil Cage
- Cleaning Your Gerbil’s Cage
- Features of a Good Cage for Gerbils
- Reviews: The Best Gerbil Cages
- Index Table: Top Rated Gerbil Cages