Guinea pigs, or cutely called cavies, have made their way into our hearts with their sweet personality traits and adorable features. Having such a sweet, little furball can make anyone happy and endlessly entertained.
Now, owning such a sweet creature also requires you to be responsible and provide all the necessities in life to keep him happy and contented.
Providing your guinea pig with clean and fresh water is an essential part of their daily lives.
So, how do you ensure a constant supply of drinking water for your guinea pig? Get the best guinea pig water bottles available.
Important Factors To Consider
Water bottles are usually considered a better option than traditional water bowls since water bottles keep the drinking water. In water bowls, drinking water can get contaminated or dirty, or spilled everywhere.
Before making a purchase, here are some things that you need to consider to ensure that you are getting only the right guinea pig water bottle.
- Material – In general, guinea pig water bottles have to choose between plastic and glass units. Glass water bottles are usually considered safe since they are chew-resistant. Plus, they don’t have a porous surface, don’t leak dangerous chemicals into the water supply, and don’t get moldy. This makes them quite expensive. On the other hand, plastic models are the best if you are on a budget. They are also lightweight, making them easy to handle and install. And if you choose the ones that are BPA-free plastic, then you are offering a safe water bottle for your pet and investing in a durable and long-lasting product. Other materials used in water bottles also include stainless steel or ceramic.
- Non-leaking – The main problem with cheap guinea pig water bottles is leaks. Thus, you must make sure that the one you are buying does not cause any leak. This is important since non-leaking models will not cause a mess inside the guinea pig cage every time you install or refill the water bottle.
- Water Capacity – Most water bottles have enough capacity to keep your small animal hydrated for a day or two without any refills. However, if you have multiple pets to keep hydrated, then it is better that you choose a water bottle with a higher water capacity to accommodate all your pets, or you can get multiple bottles for each pet.
- Steady Support – Another thing you need to look for is the support and how it is attached to the cage. Water bottles should have built-in hangers stable and hold securely into the cage.
- Indicating Grids – Getting a water bottle with grids on them is a huge plus since it shows you just how much water is available. There are some models of water bottles that do not have grids; however, they have figures which can help you see the water level.
- Nozzles – This comes in various shapes and lengths and is different from model to model. Some bottles feature twisted-end nozzles, while some have a straight one.
- Maintenance – Water bottles also need to be cleaned every once in a while. So, choose a water bottle that is easy to clean and maintain for your convenience. Remember that plastic models can’t be used in hot water to sterilize them since they can melt and get distorted. Make sure that you also choose a bottle with easy to clean spout.
Reviews: The Top 12 Best Guinea Pig Water Bottles
With the market offering various water bottles for guinea pigs, choosing the only one can be quite daunting.
Not to worry, though, we already did the hard part and created a shortlist of the best guinea pig water bottles out there.
- Boasting over 1,000 reviews, the Choco Nose H128 Water Bottle is one of the top-rated water bottles for your furry friend. It features U. S.
- It has a patented Leak-proof Nozzle that prevents water leakage, which is a problem with cheap water bottles.
- The mini-sized nozzle (measuring only 10mm) is highly suitable for guinea pigs, hamster, ferrets, bunny and other small animals.
- The bottle itself is constructed from BPA-free plastic material with 11.2 ounces capacity, enough for your guinea pig’s day to day hydration.
- Being an eco-friendly choice, you can also switch out the bottle to standard-sized PET bottles (SODA bottles).
- Super easy and simple installation, this water bottle comes with a screw-on bracket that you can easily snap the bottle on or off for refilling and cleaning. It can also be nailed on wooden furniture or the wall with screws.
- Lastly, this water bottle is available in 3 fun colors— green, pink, and blue.
- The Day Ceramic Bottle Waterer is designed to create more convenience and enough hydration for your furry pets.
- It is an automatic watering system with 8 ounces of water capacity that ensures the water is clean and fresh, so you can leave your pets for a day or two and not worry about their hydration.
- These waters are made of high-quality ceramics and are designed to be leakproof to prevent any mess.
- The mini size is perfect for small pets such as guinea pigs, mice, hamsters, chinchilla, hedgehog, and ferrets.
- This small animal water bottle from RentACoop is a sippy style bottle, which is another great choice if you’re looking for a bottle that is leak-proof and prevents mess.
- It features durable and sturdy plastic material that is BPA-free, so it is safe for your pets.
- It has a 32-ounce water capacity, which is enough to keep your pets hydrated for a few days.
- The nipple is made of high-quality metal and is chew-resistant, so it is safe for your nibbling pets.
- The bottle is super easy to attach to the cage with the included metal bracket. It is also super easy to remove for refilling and cleaning.
- The water bottle is a versatile watering solution suitable for guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, and other small animals.
- In terms of the lid’s color, it can either be red or green and sent to you randomly.
- The only problem is that some guinea pigs may have difficulty figuring how it works since it is quite different from the standard rollerball water bottle.
- Another reliable product from Choco Nose, the H125, is a great choice for “Guinea Pig Drinking Bottle,” boasting over 400 reviews.
- Like the previous Choco Nose product, the H125 also features the U. S. patented leak-proof nozzle, ensuring that you won’t have to deal with leaky issues, keeping your pet’s home dry and clean.
- It is made of BPA-free plastic; the water bottle can be replaced with standard size PET bottles for eco-friendliness.
- Meanwhile, the small-sized nozzle that measures only 10 mm is suitable for small animals, particularly guinea pigs and hamsters.
- It comes fully equipped with a screw-on bracket and is super easy to install. You need to insert the drinking tube through the crate door or wire cage, add the screw-on bracket and tighten the screw fitting.
- From there, you can easily attach the water bottle for hydration or quickly remove it for refilling and cleaning.
- The water bottle can also be nailed to the wall or wooden furniture with the screws provided. Lastly, it also comes in 3 color choices— green, pink, and blue.
- B.C’s unique product is a small animal water bottle and a hideout base hut in one.
- The water bottle is specially designed with a high-quality, premium roll ball to prevent leakage and prevent your furry pets from spilling out the water.
- Measuring 7 x 3.4 x 3.2 inches is suitable for small animals, including guinea pigs and dwarf hamsters. The water bottle itself can hold at least 8 ml of water.
- It features a steady base made of sturdy metal and plastic so that you do not have to worry about your little friend tipping it over and keeping it safe and dry.
- It is made of non-toxic and BPA-free plastic material that helps prevent the growth of odor-causing bacteria and stain and keep your pet’s drinking water fresher and cleaner for longer.
- In addition to being safe to use, it is also super easy to clean for your convenience.
- Featuring a hole on the side, this waterer also doubles as a hideout for your little friend if they need privacy or want to rest. Affordable and useful, this product is available in 2 color choices— rose and blue.
- Another popular water bottle, this one from Kordon, features a genuine Oasis rigid plastic Bell bottle that helps retain water well.
- It is made of break-resistant crystal styrene, so you can be sure that it is highly durable and will last for a long time.
- The bottle has a 4-ounce water capacity, which is enough to keep small animals such as guinea pigs, mice, gerbils, hamsters, sugar gliders, and hedgehogs hydrated for the day.
- Meanwhile, the rounded bottle top discourages chewing and keeps it from damage.
- The kit also includes an Oasis Basic Hold-Guard, which is specifically designed to fit and hold the bottle safely and securely.
- An adjustable strap hangs over the top edges of most wired cages.
- A trendy choice for “Guinea Pig Water Bottles,” this product from Living World includes innovative design features that specifically meet the needs of your small pets.
- A water bottle made of recycled glass is an eco-friendly solution for your pet’s hydration that should last for a really long time.
- It also features a double ball-bearing and drip-resistant tube to prevent leakage and water mess inside your pet’s cage, keeping them clean and dry.
- It also boasts a water level indicator, so you know exactly when to refill the bottle.
- This water bottle comes fully equipped with a secure and easy to install hanger and spring attachment so that you can assemble it on your pet’s cage.
- Lastly, the Living World Eco Water Bottle is available in 3 different sizes— 6 ounces, 12 ounces, and 26 ounces.
- Kaytee’s water bottle is rated Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs1 Best Seller in Small Animal Water Bottles, despite having only 2.5-star ratings.
- An affordable choice, this water bottle is made of BPA-free clear plastic, so it is totally safe for your pets.
- Also, the clear material allows you to see the water level clearly.
- And if that is not enough, Kaytee added a floating duck inside to remind you to refill the water bottle. The drip-resistant spring-loaded sipper tube also helps keep your pet’s habitat dry and clean.
- With an extra-large 32 ounce capacity, this water bottle is great for thirsty pets such as guinea pigs, rabbits, and chinchillas.
- It comes with a heavy-duty spring attachment and hanger that secures the bottle to any wired cages.
- This water bottle from SunGrow has a water capacity of 10 ounces, ensuring that your small pet will stay hydrated while you are away without the leaks and mess in their cages.
- The water bottle is made of BPA-Free plastic that is completely safe for your pets.
- It features a stainless steel drinking head that will never rust or pollute the water supply.
- The small rollerball of the drinking head helps prevent dripping and allows for easy drinking. Meanwhile, the 0.3 inches nozzle is ideal for guinea pigs, ferrets, chinchillas, rabbits, and even puppies and cats. Plus, it is completely chew-proof.
- It is also important to note that the stainless steel pipe is not a separate piece and is attached to the nozzle. This ensures that your pets won’t be able to pull the stainless steel tube from the bottle cap when drinking and preventing accidents.
- The Lixit Water Bottle is another great solution for your pet’s hydration. It is made of high quality, thick and BPA-free plastic that is durable and safe for your pets to use.
- The nozzle is also made of high quality, premium metal and is chew-resistant, so you won’t need to buy a separate chew guard.
- The wide-mouth bottle makes it super easy to clean and refill. Most users complained about the leaking; however, it works on the vacuum principle that the bottle would not leak if you correctly used it.
- Suitable for guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters, rats, mice, and other small animals, this water bottle comes in 3 sizes— 8 ounces, 16 ounces, and 32 ounces.
- Lixit also gives you various colors and designs, including Translucent, Pink Polka Dots, and Skulls.
- The CritterVille Water Bottle is made of BPA-free and durable plastic that is completely safe for your pets and a stainless steel sip spout that is rust-resistant.
- The water bottle has a water capacity of 10.14 ounces and is the perfect size for rats, guinea pigs, and other small animals.
- Refilling is quite easy with the lift-top cap that you need to remove and pour in the water. Meanwhile, the transparent tank allows you to monitor and control the water level with ease.
- Mainly designed to fit all MidWest Homes for Pets cages, this water bottle can also be used on other wired cages.
- Each water bottle can be easily attached to a wire cage with the included plastic screws. Or you can use the included suction cups to install the bottle in a glass aquarium habitat.
- Lastly, the water bottle comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for quality guarantee and risk-free buying.
- Lixit offers a completely chew-proof glass water bottle and should last for a long time.
- The glass water bottle features a stainless steel drinking tube that is also chew-proof, resistant to rust, and easily sanitized.
- Easy to install, this water bottle from Lixit can be easily attached to any wire cages and super easy to remove for refilling and cleaning.
- The glass water bottle is designed for various small animals, including guinea pigs, chinchillas, ferrets, rabbits, and even birds.
- Lastly, Lixit offers 3 different sizes— 6 ounces, 12 ounces, and 26 ounces.
Clean and fresh water is essential to your guinea pig’s overall health and well-being. And although these critters only drink, on average, a measly 100 ml of water a day, it does not mean that you need to settle for the first water holder you see for your pet.
The best guinea pig water bottles from above should keep your tiny furball hydrated enough without contamination and spilling.
Index Table: Top Rated Guinea Pig Water Bottles
Table of Contents
- Important Factors To Consider
- Reviews: The Top 12 Best Guinea Pig Water Bottles
- Choco Nose® H128 Small Animal Water Bottle Guinea Pig’s Water Bottle
- Dahey® Ceramic Bottle Waterer Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs
- RentACoop® Small Animal Water Bottle Guinea Pig Water Bottle
- Choco Nose® H125 Small Animal Water Bottle Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs
- C Small Animals® Hideout Drinking Waterer Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs
- Kordon® Water Bottle Guinea Pig’s Water Bottle
- Living World® Eco + Water Bottle Guinea Pig Water Bottle
- Kaytee® Clear Water Bottle Guinea Pig’s Water Bottle
- SunGrow® Water Dispenser Bottle Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs
- Lixit® Small Animal Water Bottle Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs
- MidWest® Homes for Pets CritterVille Water Bottle for Guinea Pigs
- Lixit® Glass Water Bottle Guinea Pig’s Water Bottle
- Index Table: Top Rated Guinea Pig Water Bottles