The parrots are brilliant and interesting pets. They are beautiful, and they can imitate human language as well. If you are a parrot parent, taking care of your bird is your first duty.
When it comes to caring for a parrot, you need to focus on nutrition and diet.
If you want to keep your parrots healthy, you should give them the best parrot food, specially formulated.
What to Look for Before Buying?
Parrots are omnivores and can eat both vegetation as well as non-vegetarian diet. However, their favorite food is nuts and seeds.
But the seeds alone are not enough; the parakeet needs a balanced diet mix of seeds, pellets, fruits, and vegetables.
- Check For Variety Of Ingredients – Parrots love to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts. So, it would be best if you looked for parrot food that contains a variety of ingredients. Only seeds and nuts are not enough for parrots as they do not provide all the necessary nutrients. Seeds only cover about 10% of the elements a parrot needs for growth. Therefore, you should always try to get a food mix of different ingredients to provide a balanced diet to your feathered friend.
- Organic Elements – In addition to checking food ingredients, you should also make sure that parrot food contains only organic elements. It should be free from GMOs, chemicals, artificial flavors, and artificial colors. Always look for organic ingredients because you don’t want t trouble your loving pet’s health. You can choose the food with probiotics as these are healthy bacteria that keep constipation and diarrhea at bay.
- Nutritional Value – Always check for the parrot food’s nutritional value as it helps you make a good choice for your growing parrot. There should be a perfect balance between the calories and vitamins in pet food. Below are our top 10 picks of best parrot food, which you can trust to create a balanced diet for your loving companion.
FAQs – Best Parrot Food
Does a parrot or bird need fiber?
Yes, all parrots and birds need fiber for good digestion and health. The food containing grains, wheat, rice, and fruits is rich in fiber. You can give your parrot any food that contains the right amount of fibers and vitamins to maintain a healthy gut. You can also give naturally fortified cereal flakes to your parrot.
However, if your parrot loves to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, they are enough to provide needed fiber.
Is meat or egg safe for parrots?
Yes, you can give meat or eggs to your parrots but in small quantities. Save these items for special treats to give to birds. Also, do not feed raw eggs; always feed your parrot a well-cooked or boiled egg. You can give yolk, and a white section to the bird as both have nutritional values.
In meat, cook it well and do not feed raw meat to parrots. It is always better to give your bird white meat rather than feeding them red meat. Red meat is tough to digest for parrots and may cause health problems.
Can I feed dairy products to parrot?
Dairy products are not meant for parrots as they may cause digestion problems in them. Dairy products are rich in lactose, and birds are intolerant to lactose, disturbing their digestive system. However, you can give curd or cheese once or twice a week in a small amount.
Which foods should you not give to your parrots?
Avoid feeding any junk food with a high content of sugar, salt, and spices. Also, avoid giving food made from wine, alcohol, and caffeine. Further, food items like chocolate, onions, processed meat, raw eggs, raw chicken, avocado, rhubarb, and more are not good for parrots.
You can give grains, seeds, nuts, fruits, and veggies to your birds. All the above parrot food is best to give any birds or parrots.
Reviews: Best Parrot Foods
Below are some of the best available Parrots foods that provide good nutrition and variety;
- If you are looking for various flavors and textures in parrot food, this Kaytee Fiesta Food is a great option to try this year. Kaytee is a famous pet brand known for its quality and healthy food products for birds.
- This parrot food contains various seeds, nuts, dried fruits, and veggies. Also, this colorful diet will appeal to parrots, and they love to eat variety as well.
- Further, this food offers a complete balanced for daily feeding. It contains prebiotics and probiotics that help improve parrots’ digestion and save them from diarrhea.
- Every item in this food is safe for parrots and healthy too.
- Plus, this bird food is also rich in Omega 3, a great source for parrot’s mental stimulation. It is also packed with some other important ingredients to ensure healthy growth and parrots’ strong bone development.
- Give your African parrots the best feed like Volkman Avian as it a perfect seed mix that offers great nutrition to parrots. This parrot food offers balanced nutrition to African Grey and Amazon parrots. The blend of flavors contains a mix of seeds, pallets, and dried fruits.
- It has many beneficial fruits, some of which are apples, peaches, pears, plums, and blueberries, and more.
- This bird food gives your parrot the necessary nutrition, including calcium, vitamins, and minerals. In simple words, it is a perfectly balanced diet for your grey African parrots.
- Furthermore, you can also use it to feed other small or large birds and parrots.
- This bird food contains only organic ingredients and is free from artificial flavors and colors. Also, it has no parabens, chemicals, and GMOs.
- Moreover, this rich formula doesn’t lead to obesity but rather protects the cardiovascular system and increases your parrots’ lifespan.
- Tropimix mix bird food is the best choice for large birds or parrots. This food contains a mix of grains, fruits, seeds, nuts, and veggies. It also has Tropican sticks that offer peanut flavor and are made with essential nutrients.
- The Tropicana sticks and blends of grains ensure good health, colorful feathers, and strong bones for your loving parrots.
- The best is that this bird food is free from any impurities and husk. All the ingredients in it are 100% edible and safe for parrots.
- Ingredients in this food are flaked corn, raisins, soybeans, dried papaya, dried banana, wheat, dried pineapple, dehulled peanuts.
- It also contains pumpkin seed, hulled sunflower seed, walnuts, Carrot flakes, dried coconut, potato flakes, and more. This pack weighs around 20 lb.
- Further, this parrot feed quality is free from artificial colors, flavors, and additives. It is fortified with essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, and amino acids.
- It is best for Amazon parrots, Macaws, Cockatoos, Grey parrots, and other large-sized parakeets.
- Do you want to give your parrot a mix of seeds, veggies, and fruits?
- If yes, then this bird food in the form of fruit berries is a great option for you.
- The LAFEBER’S classic fruit Nutri-berries are made from a high-quality blend of organic ingredients safe for parrots. Each round of this parrot food is rich in nutrients and vitamins essential for the parrot’s growth.
- The good news is that this quality parrot food is free from husk, waste and doesn’t contain any GMOs and preservatives.
- This 100% edible bird food is highly digestible and healthy as well. Top avian veterinarians and nutritionists formulate it.
- The round shape of these nutria-berries also offers beak play and exercise to your parrots, which helps keep boredom away.
- It is rich in antioxidants and omega 3&6. So, when you feed this to your parrots, you give them a perfectly balanced diet that supports healthy skin and shiny feathers.
- This is another best parrot food that you can give to your loving pets.
- This bird food contains all-natural ingredients, including organic barley, millet, alfalfa leaves, rose hips, sesame seeds, and more. This food is free from GMOs and is USDA organic certified.
- TOP’s Hookbills Pellets suits every large and medium-sized parrot, including macaws, amazons, Eclectus, greys, and cockatoos.
- Thus, it is a great bird food that you can give to any type of parrot at your home or pet shop. This food is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other essential nutrients for a healthy parrot.
- These premium quality pallets are cold-pressed to keep natural enzymes and bacteria alive, increasing food’s nutritional value.
- This bird food features 100 percent-certified organic elements that are safe to eat for birds.
- Breeding parrots and female parrot needs extra protein as well as vitamins. If you search for vitamin-rich parrot food, this Tropican food is a great choice.
- It gives extra protein that triggers reproductive hormones and ensures healthy egg production.
- This food’s quality granules are suitable for all types of parrots, such as macaws, Amazons, Greys, and other birds.
- This food is made from all-natural ingredients and provides a balanced diet to birds. Tropicana lifetime maintenance food contains a mix of grains, oilseeds, fruits, and veggies.
- All-natural ingredients in this bird food are Orange oil, banana oil, corn wheat, rice, flaxseed, oat grouts, tomato, soybean, peanut kernel, and rosemary extract.
- This food is specially formulated for the healthy growth of parrots. The extruded granules of size 4mm are easy to eat for birds of all sizes.
- The Zupreem FruitBlend Diet is one of the best parrot foods. Most veterinarians recommend this for better growth of birds and parrots. This bird diet is made from organic elements and contains no artificial flavors and artificial colors.
- This food comes in five different fruit shapes that appeal to parakeets to taste.
- Moreover, this parrot food provides a balanced diet that helps maintain good health among medium to large parrots. Every bite of this food contains around 21 vitamins and minerals. It comes in fruity taste, and its aroma delight the bird’s senses.
- Zupreem diet contains a combination of top quality ingredients with strict quality maintenance standards implemented for the good of your parrot’s health.
- It is available in fruity flavors with the taste and aroma for bringing delight to your parrot’s senses.
- Sweet Harvest bird food provides the ideal balance of nutrition and vitamins to your parrots or birds. It is formulated to give the right amount of nourishment for healthy growth and shiny feathers.
- Like other great bird food, it also contains a wide array of vitamins and minerals. It is rich in calcium, which promotes good bone health.
- This bird food contains corn, wheat, oats, sunflower seed, peanuts, almonds, and other ingredients among organic ingredients.
- Each of the ingredients offers antioxidants and needed protein for parrots. Further, the mix of items will attract your feathered friend towards the food.
- All in all, this parrot food is an excellent diet that provides the proper balanced nutrition to your parrot at affordable prices. It is free from fillers, GMOs, artificial flavors, chemicals, and preservatives.
- You can feed it to your loving parrots without worrying about harmful ingredients. It is best for bird’s digestion and overall health.
- F.M. Brown’s bird food is specially formulated to meet birds’ daily dietary needs. This food has a perfect blend of a variety of nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables. And, it suits almost all varieties of parrots and birds.
- This bird gourmet is also rich in vitamins and minerals. Further, it has healthy bacteria that support healthy digestion in parrots.
- This food contains loads of fruits including, pineapple, papaya, banana, dates, apricots, and strawberries. These fruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that offer a fantastic taste.
- Moreover, this bird food also has fresh, dried veggies free from the chemical spray. It will improve the health and bones of your loving bird.
- In simple words, this food is a mix of dried fruits, seeds, and grains that provide needed fiber to parrot and improves digestion.
- Also, it contains a variety of nuts and seeds as well. Further, the exciting colors, texture, and flavors of this bird food will attract your bird and make them fall in love with this diet.
- If so, then Vitakraft bird food is a great option for you. This food tastes good and is made from all-natural ingredients. Each serving of this parrot food serves a mix of grains, seeds, vegetables, and dried fruits to your lovely bird.
- This diet is best for all types of parrots, including greys, amazons, macaws, and others.
- It also contains DHA Omega-3, which supports your parrots’ brain, vision, immune system, skin, and heart.
- It is a good source of nutrients that improves birds’ health and promotes good growth. Further, the key nutrients in this balanced diet support a healthy gut.
- Additionally, the mouth liking flavors of this parrot food will make your birds fall in love with this, and they love to eat it all the time.
- It contains a healthy mix of seeds, nuts, grains, fruits, and vegetables. This food is made from non-GMO ingredients and is free from artificial flavors and colors.
- As a result, any bird that eats this food is always happy, healthy, playful, and colorful. You can choose this for your loving feathered friends.
Parrots are wonderful and loving birds that win your heart many times. Bird lovers often love to keep parrots in their homes and love to watch them all day long. If you are a parrot owner, you should take care of your parrot every way possible. The first thing to keep parrots or birds happy and healthy is to feed them the best parrot food.
Therefore, you need to buy the best parrot food rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and ant-oxidants. Do not buy food containing additives, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and GMOs.
You can choose any of the above parrot food to give your bird the best-balanced diet for its good health and happy life.
Index Table: Top Rated Parrots Foods
|1||Kaytee Fiesta Parrot Food - Food for Parrots||Kaytee||98|
|2||Volkman Avian Science Super African - Food for Your Parrot||Volkman||97.8|
|3||Tropimix Large Parrot Food Mix - Parrot Food||Tropimix||96.8|
|4||LAFEBER'S Classic Fruit-Berries - Food for Your Parrot||LAFEBER'S||97.6|
|5||TOP's Parrot Food Pellets Hookbills - Food for Your Parrot||TOP's||97.4|
|6||Tropican Lifetime Maintenance Parrot Granules - Food for Parrots||Tropican Lifetime||97|
|7||ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavor Pellets Bird Food - Parrot Food||ZuPreem||97.5|
|8||Sweet Harvest Cockatiel Bird Food - Food for Parrots||Sweet Harvest||96|
|9||M. Brown's Tropical Gourmet - Food for Your Parrot||M. Brown's||96.8|
|10||Vitakraft Vitamin Fortified - Food for Your Parrot||Vitakraft||96.5|
Table of Contents
- What to Look for Before Buying?
- FAQs – Best Parrot Food
- Reviews: Best Parrot Foods
- Kaytee® Fiesta Parrot Food Food for Parrots
- Volkman® Avian Science Super African Food for Your Parrot
- Tropimix® Large Parrot Food Mix Parrot Food
- LAFEBER'S® Classic Fruit-Berries Food for Your Parrot
- TOP's® Parrot Food Pellets Hookbills Food for Your Parrot
- Tropican Lifetime® Maintenance Parrot Granules Food for Parrots
- ZuPreem® FruitBlend Flavor Pellets Bird Food Parrot Food
- Sweet Harvest® Cockatiel Bird Food Food for Parrots
- M. Brown's® Tropical Gourmet Food for Your Parrot
- Vitakraft® Vitamin Fortified Food for Your Parrot
- Index Table: Top Rated Parrots Foods