A good humidifier and fogger are necessary to reptile’s habitats.
It makes the pet comfortable and helps them to stay healthy. If you have not tried the best reptile humidifier and foggers yet, I am going to show you my top picks in a bit.
Many factors must be considered in preparing a home for reptiles, and one of those is the humidity level.
Reptiles rely on ambient temperature rather than their body temperature and so providing heat for them will be your primary concern.
Thinking of humidity is another way to deliver a proper temperature on reptiles. That is where humidifier and fogger come in!
Best Reptile Humidifier & Foggers: Buyer’s Guide
You may have found your definition of “best reptile humidifier and fogger” above, but is your guess serve its purpose? Think again.
Before making a purchase, search the best humidity range for your reptile. It differs in percentage, such as 80% is suitable for crested geckos and green tree pythons while 50% for ball pythons.
Other than that, lots of factors are necessary to get the best humidifier and foggers for reptiles. Now, here is a buyer’s guide for more details.
List of Basic Features to Look For In Reptile Humidifiers:
To finally get the best reptile humidifier and fogger, you need to consider the following features:
- Compact in Design – A humidifier is to be put on a surface beside the enclosure. Considering its size and design is vital to prepare a place for it.
- Durability – No one wants to buy a humidifier very often, even if it only demands less cost. Get one from the most trusted brands or ask a friend which models can last longer.
- Easy to Assemble – A device that takes so much time of assembly is not advisable these days. Everything comes in an instant. Most humidifiers are entirely set with only four steps or less.
- Water Capacity – The running time of a reptile humidifier will depend on its tank capacity. Larger tank capacity does not need an immediate water refill, unlike the smaller ones. Consider the number of reptiles in your care in picking the right tank capacity.
- Flexible Hose – A flexible hose helps for at ease setting up of the device. It is where the water passes through the tank to deliver a humid habitat. Most humidifier allows hose adjustment of more than 5-feet in length. Choose a device with a longer hose, if possible.
- Dry-run Protection – It is dangerous to let humidifiers run dry. It may burn out. An auto-shutoff feature keeps the device safe by not allowing it to dry thoroughly. Some models have an indicator light to show whether the tank is getting empty or not yet.
- Adjustable – Not all reptiles have the same need for humidity levels. Most units offer an adjustable misting setting, which is necessary to satisfy specific reptile’s requirements.
- Easy to Refill – A reptile device requires water refills every once in a while, so consider those easy to refill water tanks.
Why You Should Buy a Reptile Humidifier
Manufacturers should stop creating such a device if it makes no sense to most reptile keepers. Seeing a healthy gecko is enough proof reptile humidifiers work. Of all the reasons I have seen online, the following are the most valid ones:
- Reptiles are cold-blooded pets that they can not hold moisture by themselves.
- Humidifier maintains a proper temperature inside the tank, considering both heat and humidity levels.
- Putting a humidifier in a tank is a necessity and not just to complete a reptile’s habitat.
- Humidifier promotes shedding and other reptile’s activities. It helps them to function correctly.
For more details on the topic, read on the rest of this article.
Reviews: Best Reptile Foggers and Humidifiers
I searched for the top reptile humidifiers and foggers and came up with the following items. What each item can boast is discussed below, so check it out. Let’s now see whether my bet could be your choice too!
- BETAZOOER aims to benefit many kinds of reptiles and even amphibians with their humidifier. The tool silently infuses a humid temperature for the pet to feel completely comfortable. It promotes better sleep as well with its whisper-quiet operation.
- It has a large tank capacity that could last for days while providing a maximum fog output of about 320ml/hr. The tank holds up 2.5-liters of water that will never run dry for days.
- The humidifier comes with a stretchable hose ranges from 1.3 up to 5.3-feet. It includes two suction cups for easy fixing of pipe to the tank. You are allowed to adjust the hose to fit on the tank.
- There is an auto-shutoff feature in case the water tank is emptied to avoid further danger. The green light will turn red when the water is lacking.
- Overall, it is easy to use even for the beginner reptile keepers.
- The Mist King has a very fine mist spray.
- The design is fully expandable to support up to 10 misting nozzles.
- This is a full Misting starter kit for those who are still beginners in keeping reptiles and amphibians that need FFoggesr and Humidifiers.
- The set comes complete with everything you need.
- Evergreen Pet Supplies’ Humidifier suits every reptile under your care. They offer it with a 6-month warranty and free customer service. It is tested by thousands of loyal customers worldwide, so now is your turn.
- It arrives with a container that can hold up to 2-liters of distilled water, as recommended by the company. The fogger operates 300ml per hour that is enough to cover up larger tanks. It ensures the pet’s comfort with a humid environment.
- Dry-Run protection is added that automatically shuts off the device when the tank is unfilled. Placing the humidifier outside the tank is necessary with its flexible 5-feet hose with suction cups.
- This model is compatible with any enclosures, whether plastic or glass-made tanks and even vivarium. It is best used along with a timer for at ease monitoring of humidity level in a tank.
- The previous humidifiers come with only a single stretchy tube, but Olibo Reptile Humidifier adds one. Two tanks will be humidified at the same time with the same device without spending extra money. It lessens the burden of setting up a humidifier.
- Both hoses are extendable up to 5.3-feet in length. Four suction cups are included to secure the tubes to the walls of the tank.
- Refill the device with water through its bottom orifice up to 2.2-liters.
- It lasts for several days, thus lessen the refilling time and effort. It has a protective system against drying off, particularly an auto-shutoff feature. The red light indicator appears when the device runs out of water.
- Its fog output is adjustable from 250ml. to 350ml. per hour through its ultrasonic function. There is a fogging cover to limit the fog inside the tank.
- Growing plants on top of a tank are possible with this Humidifying Fog Machine. That is claimed by the company and is proven and tested. Perhaps the produced mist helps to grow plants of some kind.
- This device is different from the others as it offers two mist modes, both works quietly.
- The one continuously sprays mist for three hours while the other method works in intervals for six hours, requires a USB cable plug-in 5-volts outlet to start operating.
- It only takes up a small space with its portable design. It has a unique design compared to the previous humidifiers. Reptile’s skin is kept healthy by the produced moist of the device. It is recommended to use distilled water to be more productive and healthy for the pet.
- When the device comes out of the water, it will turn to rest. Keep it dry and clean during storage to extend its usefulness.
- This upgraded version is a lot better than the former in so many ways. Distilled or tap water may work with this device for a lifetime. It provides a larger tank capacity about 3-liters for longer moist production.
- You need to undergo four steps before finally using the humidifier. Firstly, you must unscrew the device’s cap and fill it with clean water, then put back the lid. Adjust the direction of the hose inside the tank. It can be adjusted up to 5-feet with its two suction cups.
- The device produces no noise during the operation, which significantly benefits the reptiles. Its noise level is under 30 decibels, a whisper-quiet operation.
- Its maximum fog output is ranging from 380ml/hr. It’s higher than what most humidifiers can produce. It automatically turns off when the water tank requires a refill. It won’t run dry without giving you notice.
- Another way to maintain a proper humidity level inside a terrarium is through a moss for reptiles. It is suitable for reptiles that live in a moss environment like a frog, salamanders, or green snakes. It is not a humidifier device but a substrate that retains moisture.
- Most reptile keepers prefer a humid substrate because it is easier to set up.
- It works well in humidifying reptile shelters and makes it excellent for egg-laying and incubation.
- The moss is available in many sizes depending on the terrarium’s size. It ranges from 10-gallon up to 40-gallon of humidifying substrate.
- A pack contains sustainably and naturally harvested moss safe for most reptiles.
- The product is natural, with no dyes added. It requires cleaning most frequently than those devices. Its price varies according to the size of your purchase.
- Having no time to check on your pet regularly? Here is a programmable misting system offered by Exo Terra that could help you in caring for reptiles. With the said feature, expect its cost to be higher than the other misting systems on the list.
- The product will still be affordable for most reptile keepers.
- It comes with a user manual, so no worries about how to put the device together.
- The misting system is compact in design and simple to use.
- The 0.4-gallon water tank and two spray nozzles work together to emit the needed mist of your pets. The spray nozzles operate at the interval for two seconds each hour.
- If you are in a dry climate with reptiles in your house, this is an excellent way to provide high humidity for the pets. It also benefits tropical plants that need frequent misting to grow.
- It is, again, an alternative tool to achieve a humid environment for reptiles. This portable sprayer has unique features compared to trigger sprayers.
- Unlike humidifier devices, this tool is manually operated unless its locking mechanism is turned on. It allows continuous spraying to prevent hand fatigue.
- You can adjust the spray nozzle either single stream or full mist spraying.
- The sprayer is used with larger terrariums and even outdoor set-ups. It features a large-capacity reservoir that holds up to 2-liters of water to add moisture to reptile environments.
- It is lightweight, easy to operate, and convenient.
- Use distilled water without any chemicals to prevent deposit buildup on the sprayer. Avoid exposing it to heat when pressurized. Be sure to empty the reservoir after use and refill with water daily.
- Taking care of reptiles in a small terrarium requires the use of a fogger device. It helps to increase the level of humidity inside the tank. Mini Fogger might be smaller than the other devices but serves its purpose well.
- It has a shallow water container that can hold up at least 2-inches of water.
- The fogger stimulates the cloud and fog inside a tank. Early morning dew delivers an eye-pleasing effect with the help of this device.
- Check the attached PDF manual for faster set up.
- After a few minutes, your pet will take benefit in a damp environment. That is necessary to keep them healthy and active every day.
- It demands less maintenance by the use of distilled water throughout the operation that can prevent deposit buildup than other kinds of water. The device is well-built with its stainless design.
- VIVOSUN delivers a high-quality indoor reptile humidifier, also well for indoor gardening. With its full application, most reptile and tropical plant keepers keep using the device over the years.
- It has a classical look with its full black finish.
- The package is complete with a detachable tube and a large water tank. All are sold at an affordable price with many desirable features.
- Among the listed humidifiers, this has the highest water capacity up to 2.5-liters. Its misting level can be adjusted in three levels per hour from 100ml to 300ml through the rotating knob. Silent operation is achieved down to 30 decibels.
- A flexible hose is attached with suction cups to fix the pipe in the right direction. It can be extended up to 5-feet, which surely fits any kind of reptile tanks.
- VIVOSUN Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier comes with a year warranty, so do not hesitate to contact the company with your concerns.
- A wide variety of reptiles are well to care for. Make sure to give them a proper habitat with a humid environment, as they desire. Spending extra is not an issue in providing excellent care for pets, even non-reptiles. PETSPIONEER offers a reptile humidifier with a higher cost that won’t substantially break the bank.
- It is a 4-liter tank that works for at least 12-hours while producing a maximum mist of 300ml/hr. It creates a very low misting sound that won’t disturb pets and the entire household. The mist level can be adjusted according to your pet’s needs.
- It operates automatically to lessen human intervention throughout the process. You do not have to set the humidifier at all times as it works in intervals. You can set the humidity level through an LED touch panel.
- We can add water in the tank easily from its top opening. The tank does not leak out over time. It distributes a humid environment throughout a tank with its double hose.
- Last but surely not least is a waterfall kit. Maybe you are wondering what its connection to providing a humid environment for reptiles is. As I searched deeply on its functions, maintaining humidity in a tank is one of them.
- It is a kit purchase, so it comes with other accessories, such as terrarium mesh, hydro balls, a water pump, plastic elbow, and tubing. Less time is needed in putting the waterfall together inside the tank.
- A real-life water feature can be built in a tank to provide proper humidity levels for reptiles. The waterfall kit also benefits live plants.
- With its unique feature, high maintenance is required to provide a better habitat for pets. It makes every terrarium look prettier.
- There are some things you will need that are not included in the package, so prepare a budget for those.
- You will be guaranteed with a 90-day warranty on buying this product. It comes from a known brand selling reptile’s basic needs, so worthy of putting your trust on.
- Reptifogger is suitable for small terrariums with its adjustable feature. Larger tanks could benefit from it with limited humidity levels. It is compact, which makes it perfect for smaller tanks.
- This ultrasonic humidifier comes with a 1-liter of a water tank and an adjustable hose. Fog output can also be adjusted to increase the tank’s humidity. It has a non-spilling valve for easy refilling of the water bottle.
- It is simple to use with three necessary steps. First is to fill the reservoir with water, position the hose, and then turn the humidifier on.
- The company admits a problem with the rheostat that is covered by the replacement warranty. Buy the brand’s HygroTherm humidity and temperature controller for better operation.
To sum it all, a humid environment is necessary for your reptile’s survival, so make sure to not neglect it.
The list above is provided above to help you find out the right humidifier for your tank. Now is not the best time to waste money on a unit that easily wears out.
The said items are all high-quality and won’t break your pocket.
Go back to the buyer’s guide to check whether you are picking the best choice or not.
Index Table: Top rated reptile Foggers and Humidifiers
Table of Contents
- Best Reptile Humidifier & Foggers: Buyer’s Guide
- List of Basic Features to Look For In Reptile Humidifiers:
- Why You Should Buy a Reptile Humidifier
- Reviews: Best Reptile Foggers and Humidifiers
- BETAZOOER® Reptile Humidifier and Fogger Reptile’s Fogger and Humidifier
- Mist King® Starter Reptile Fogger and Mister
- Evergreen® Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier and Fogger Reptile Fogger and Humidifier
- Olibo® Reptile Humidifier Fogger and Humidifier for Reptiles
- Pranovo® Humidifying Fog Machine Fogger and Humidifier for Reptiles
- Aiicioo® Reptile Humidifier Upgrade Version Reptile’s Fogger and Humidifier
- Zoo Med® Terrarium Reptile Moss Reptile Moss
- Exo Terra® Monsoon Solo High-Pressure Misting System Reptile’s Fogger and Humidifier
- Exo Terra® Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer Fogger and Humidifier for Reptiles
- Exo Terra® Mini Fogger Fogger and Humidifier for Reptiles
- VIVOSUN® Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier Fogger and Humidifier for Reptiles
- PETPIONEER® Reptile Humidifier Reptile Fogger and Humidifier
- Zoo Med® Naturalistic Terrarium Waterfall Kit Reptile Fogger and Humidifier
- Zoo Med® Reptifogger Terrarium Humidifier Fogger and Humidifier for Reptiles
- Final Words
- Index Table: Top rated reptile Foggers and Humidifiers