Reptile breeding is a progression for people who have a passion for snakes, lizards, Komodo dragons, turtle, and more similar species.
The process of new reptile hatching can be an extremely rewarding experience for you. But, breeding a reptile needs the best reptile incubator. It ensures successful hatchling growth.
Reptile eggs are organic carapaces containing new life or living beings. This is the reason for buying the best reptile incubator for exotic reptiles are so important.
This reptile incubator buying guide will help you find the best reptile incubator for your loving reptile-family.
First, we will discuss the important things you should consider when looking for the best reptile incubator. Shall we?
How to Find the Best Reptile Incubator?
To get the best reptile incubator, you need to follow the following criteria.
- Breed or Species – Every reptile species is different from others, and thus, their incubating requirements are also different. Slight variations in terms of temperature and humidity can result in killing the reptile eggs. So it is critical to buy the right incubator according to your breed.
- Temperature and Humidity – Reptilian eggs, whether it is of snake, lizard, turtle, or any other reptile, require a specific temperature and humidity for incubation. The incubator should mimic a natural environment that is suitable for your reptile without substantial variation. You should purchase an incubator with a specific temperature range and proper humidity levels. This is because to end up with successfully hatching; you need to control the temperature as well as humidity. Therefore, electronic incubators are the best reptile incubator for producing babies of turtles, lizards, snakes, and other reptiles. But a simple insulated box with a substrate and heating pad is also good.
- Thermostat Accuracy – Thermostat accuracy goes hand in hand with the temperature and humidity of incubators. For consistent temperature, you should get an incubator with a quality thermostat. If your thermostat fails, it may kill or spoil reptile eggs.
- Size of Incubator – The size of the incubator plays an important role in successful incubation of reptiles. If you buy oversize incubator may affect the incubation process of reptiles’ egg which are less in number. On the other side, a small incubator doesn’t work well for more eggs. So, to buy an incubator, keeps in mind the size and requirement of eggs of your reptiles. If you need to hatch more eggs, then go for a big incubator else medium size incubator is also best for your reptiles. Whether you are planning to breed komodo dragons, leopard geckos, turtles, ball pythons or any other reptiles, the best reptile incubator is for you. It is important to buy an incubator that meets the above mention criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best reptile incubator?
A reptile incubator that features the right temperature and humidity is best for reptile breeding. Many automatic incubators can control the temperature as well as moisture accordingly. The still air or primary incubator, or the entirely automatic one is best for you. We have mentioned the best reptile incubators in the above article, and you can choose any of them according to your needs and requirements.
What is the optimal temperature for the reptile egg incubator?
Overall temperatures range for reptiles hatching process varies from 10 degrees to 70 or higher for desert-dwelling reptile species. Also, the temperature you incubate can determine the sex of the babies of your reptiles. Lower temperature can lead to the failure of the incubation process. Read the instruction of temperature carefully for specific species and maintain that in your incubator.
Can I use a chicken egg incubator as, reptile incubator?
If your chicken egg incubator offers a temperature range beneficial for reptile incubation, then yes, you can use it for reptile egg hatching; however, if the chicken incubator doesn’t satisfy the temperature and humidity conditions required for reptile species. It is better to buy the best reptile incubator for the quality breeding of your species.
How long is the incubation period?
The incubation period will depend on many things like temperature, quality of eggs, and humidity. Here is the rough idea of the incubation period of some reptiles.
Snakes: 45-65 days, varies according to species
Lizards: 1-2 months, varies according to species
Turtles: Box turtles – 8 to 10 weeks, painted turtles around three months.
The period may vary depending upon the temperature you use for incubation.
How to keep eggs from drying out too quickly?
To keep eggs from drying out, use a moist medium by following the directions that come with the best reptile incubator. Above mention reptile incubators retain water and help keep the eggs from drying out quickly. Buy the one that suits you and your reptile.
Reviews: The Best Reptile Incubators1
- This quality reptile incubator from ZOO Med is the trusted product that has been used by many reptile owners. This reptile egg incubator can control temperatures between 15°C – 40°C or 59°F – 104°F.
- There is a foam insert at the bottom of this incubator, where you can add water to maintain humidity level.
- You can also easily add vermiculite into the unit too, which will help keep the eggs nice and moist. Therefore the range of temperature and humidity offers a proper reptile egg development, especially for species whose eggs may dry out quickly.
- There is an LCD on the front of the glass, through which you can monitor the eggs inside.
- Another great feature of the Zoo Med reptile incubator is the pulse proportional thermostat; means its heating elements release regular pulses, which prevent the sudden temperature fluctuations.
- The Juragon Pro Digital Reptile Incubator from R-Com is one of the best reptile incubators that can breed around 90 eggs at a time.
- If you are a full-time reptile breeder and want to grow your business, then this incubator is an excellent choice for you.
- Also, this inbuilt unit with various settings is suitable for a wide range of reptiles, including turtles, snakes, lizards, and bearded dragons.
- Moreover, this quality reptile incubator features a large screen on the lid from which you can view eggs and can make the inspection a hassle-free process.
- The foam tray inside this incubator allows you to add the substrate to help the hatching process. Plus, there’s a waterhole where you can add water to maintain the humidity of the incubator.
- All the features of this reptile incubator are user-friendly and easy to understand.
- Lastly, the R-Com reptile incubator comes with an alarm that will alert you in case there are any sudden changes in the humidity or temperature.
- Another popular reptile incubator is Josh’s Exo Terra Incubator.
- It has some great and unique features that you might want to consider when buying the best reptile incubator. It comes with digital temperature control between 36 to 140°F.
- You can easily manage temperature using the digital control of this incubator. Further, unlike conventional incubators, this incubator starts automatic cooling when the temperature exceeds the set incubation temperature.
- Also, it automatically starts heating when the temperature drops below the set incubation temperature.
- To manage humidity, you can add water to the slide-out tray at the bottom.
- Further, the Exo Terra incubator has a transparent door to check the process of reptile egg hatching. It has a bag of vermiculite along with two incubation containers.
- The Happybuy reptile incubator is famous for its appearance and spaciousness.
- It maintains the temperature between 59° and 104°F depending upon your settings. This best reptile incubator comes with two compartments.
- There is a tray at the bottom to add water for humidity.
- This 23L reptile incubator with a built-in handle is easy to move around.
- The large front window and blue digital display allow you to watch over the hatching process. The most convenient feature is that you can use its vehicles as well.
- The unit comes with an easy-to-carry handle for transporting reptile eggs.
- The ReptiPro is also has cooling as well as a heating setting, which makes superior control on the internal temperature. Moreover, you can use it for herpes, which requires a winter cooling period.
- The Hova Bator is again the best reptile incubator and is the smallest one in the market.
- The brand has an excellent reputation for poultry keepers, and this reptile incubator follows the same status and is famous among reptile breeders.
- In this quality reptile incubator, Hova Bator removed the egg turning functionality so that you can use it successfully and easily.
- This incubator has two glass windows and features a chest-style design. It comes with a ventilation system, which prevents the buildup of “stale air” and encourages mold growth on reptile eggs.
- Designed specifically for reptile lovers and reptile breeders, this reptile incubator comes with many handy accessories.
- There are stand-alone hygrometer and thermometer with which you can measure the physical conditions within the incubator.
- If you a simple and easy to use incubator are your choice, then OMEM reptile hatchery box is for you. It is a plastic container that can hold a maximum of 14 reptile eggs at a time.
- This small and easy to carry reptile incubator has holes for ventilation and a tray to hold eggs.
- The Tray of this reptile incubator makes no contact with the base and allows maximum air circulation around the reptile eggs.
- Thus, eggs do not touch the substrate, which improves the hatching rate.
- For maintaining the temperature, you can place this box in a dark place, which is a litter warm than room temperature.
- The Little Giant reptile incubator resembles the Hova-Bator incubator mention above. Similar to Hova, this incubator is perfect for a room where air stays between 65 and 72°F.
- There is ventilation through which the warm air circulates in the box and gets out through the vents at the top.
- This quality reptile incubator has 40 W radiant tubes at its bottom, which maintains the internal temperature of the incubator.
- Keeping the right temperature is essential for reptile breeding and hatching eggs. In addition, the LCD reveals the temperature, and you can adjust the hotness or coldness by adjusting the thermostat.
- Little Giant incubator has the moisture rings at the bottom, which allows you to add water and maintain humidity.
- Further, this incubator for reptiles is made up of Styrofoam, which keeps it lightweight.
- Do you want to monitor the incubation process of the reptile eggs? If yes, then Farn innovators are the best reptile incubator for you.
- This is one of the fantastic egg incubators that make the hatching process easy for you.
- Further, it provides a 360-degree view to you, and you can witness the hatching process. Besides this, the reptile egg incubator from Farn offers a capacity of 41 eggs.
- Thus, it is the perfect hatching incubator for reptile breeders.
- Furthermore, this quality reptile incubator features a high/low-temperature notification, which allows adjusting the temperature with ease.
- When the temperature rises above 103-degrees F or falls below 97-degrees F, it will notify you. This incubator is easy to clean and move, as well.
- Arksen automatic is a large reptile incubator that can hold the eggs of lizards, bearded dragons, snakes, and other reptiles.
- It is also perfect for holding the eggs of turtles, ducks, turkey, and chicken. It is ideal for incubating several dozens of eggs of reptiles.
- This incubator can hold a maximum of 96 eggs at a time for incubation.
- Arksen Automatic incubator features digital temperature control.
- It makes it perfect for specific temperature settings. It will automatically adjust the temperature inside the incubator according to your temperature requirement.
- This easy to operate temperature feature comes with a digital display.
- With this, you can easily monitor the information.
- The digital display on this reptile incubator shows the temperature as well as humidity and the hatching day. The incubator has the dimensions of 19x18x14.75 inches.
- This reptile incubator is best for both poultry as well as reptile eggs.
- When talking about capacity, it can hold 56+ eggs at a time.
- Further, this quality reptile incubator features an automatic time turner that helps keep eggs at a particular temperature and prevent spoilage.
- It comes with a removable tray, built-in egg Candler and an instruction manual.
- The best part about this egg incubator is that it automatically turns eggs with the help of an LED egg Candler present at the bottom of this machine.
- You can also add water to maintain humidity. You can easily carry this reptile incubator with you as it is light in weight and easy to move around.
- If you are a frequent traveler, then this incubator s an excellent choice for you.
- Superland 23L is one of the best reptile incubators. It has a solid build large cabinet and offers more space for eggs.
- You can place eggs of snake, lizard, bearded dragon, and other reptiles with ease for the hatching process.
- The temperature range varies from 5°C (41℉) to 60°C (140℉).
- You can easily adjust the temperature with the use of LCD according to your reptile species.
- The shelves of this incubator come with a front glass door that allows you to view eggs during the hatching process.
- The handle on the top of this reptile incubator makes it suitable for transportation.
- That is why an incubator that allows you to view the eggs easily without opening it up is so important.
- This reptile incubator has a built-in illuminator.
- Overall, this is the best reptile incubator that has helpful features and durable design.
- Quincy reptile incubator is the analog thermal convection incubator with a temperature range from ambient 2 to 62 degrees C.
- It offers an internal capacity of 2.0 cubic feet, which is perfect for more than a dozen reptiles eggs. This incubator comes with a fixed as well as an adjustable shelf for customization.
- There is an illuminated power switch that indicates the power-on of this unit.
- It also has a heat-cycle light indicator that tells about the heater cycle.
- It has a see-through tinted acrylic door for safety and temperature consistency.
- The interior of this incubator is aluminum, and the exterior is made up of quality steel that is coated in ivory colored paint.
- This incubator is perfect for warming cultures, reptile eggs, and many other similar applications.
- This hatchery box for reptiles has a round design and can hold up to eight reptile eggs. The size of the egg tray is 4*1.5cm; box height is 6.5cm.
- This small and comfortable reptile incubator has four slots for eggs, and you can put around eight reptile eggs at a time for hatching.
- The top cover of this incubator is highly transparent through which you can view the entire hatching process as well as the condition of eggs.
- The tray featured in this incubator is based on the safe incubation method with maximum air circulation.
- You can use it to hatch Gecko, lizards, Reptiles, etc. it is easy to clean and easy to carry as well. If you are in search of a portable, simple and useful reptile incubator, then this is an excellent choice for you.
- When it comes to storage, functionality, and durability, jioMerit’s incubator is one of the best reptile incubators.
- This incubator comes with the multiple venting holes that help in maintaining the temperature as well as humidity.
- It comes with eight breeding boxes made up of premium quality material.
- By having this excellent reptile incubator product, you can observe and take proper care of your reptiles with ease.
- The material used in this product is PVC and has a thickness of around 0.9cm/0.35inch.
- The size of the cabinet is near about 18.5×12.2×7.5cm inch.
- This incubator is specially designed for reptile and has 14 slots where you can put 14 pieces of eggs for the hatching process.
- The transparent cover of this incubator is clear and convenient from which you can observe the situations hatching situation, including temperature.
- It is made up of PP materials and is highly durable.
- The best part about this incubator is that it is easy to clean and carry as well.
- That is why you can make the reptile egg hatching process easy and fun with this quality reptile incubator.
The incubation of reptiles is not as difficult as it seems. With the right machine and the best reptile incubator, you can have healthy reptile babies. Take the proper care of the required temperature, size of the incubator, humidity level, and other conditions for a successful reptile hatching process.
Make sure to research carefully about the specific needs of particular reptile species, including lizard, snakes, turtles, and more. Every species is different from other species in many ways, and incubation requirements are also different. So, it is crucial to buy the best reptile incubator for the successful breeding of spices.
We have discussed the reviews of the fifteen best reptile incubators in the article above. You can read the full article to know about the specifications and can buy the best for your reptiles. Not only are you given a preview of the best incubator, but we have also discussed the required criteria for reptile egg incubation.
The bottom line is that the best incubator will fulfill your requirements and provide successful hatches every time.
Index Table: Top Rated Reptile Incubators
Table of Contents
- How to Find the Best Reptile Incubator?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Reviews: The Best Reptile Incubators
- Zoo Med® ReptiBator Reptile Egg Incubator Incubator for Reptiles
- R-Com® Juragon Pro Digital Reptile Incubator Reptile Incubator
- Josh's® Exo Terra Incubator Reptile’s Incubator
- Happybuy® Reptile Incubator 23L ReptiPro Reptile Incubator
- Hova-Bator® Still Air Reptile Incubator Reptile Incubator
- OMEM® Reptile Hatchery Box Incubator for Reptiles
- Little Giant® Still Air Incubator for Reptiles Reptile’s Incubator
- Farm Innovators® 2350 Digital Still Air Reptile Incubator Incubator for Reptiles
- Arksen® Automatic, Digital Temp Control Incubator Reptile Incubator
- Wendsim® Automatic Reptile Incubator Reptile Incubator
- Superland® 23L Reptile Egg Incubator Reptile Incubator
- Quincy® Acrylic See-Through Door Incubator Reptile’s Incubator
- OMEM® Reptile Breeding Box Reptile’s Incubator
- joyMerit® Reptile Egg Incubator Reptile Incubator
- GMSP® Reptile Egg Incubator With 14 Slots Incubator for Reptiles
- Index Table: Top Rated Reptile Incubators