Regardless of how cute your fur babies may look, they can have a distinct offensive odor. Luckily, the best smelling dog shampoo can be their savior!
Like humans, dogs deserve to take a bath, which should be a part of their regular hygiene. And when they do take a bath, make sure they use a good shampoo.
The right shampoo must not only make their skin and coat healthy. It should also keep them smelling fresh throughout the day and until their next wash.
If you are looking for the best smelling dog shampoo, you came to the right place. Keep on reading and learn from the insights we’ll share.
The Benefits of Using a Dog Shampoo
Need compelling reasons to buy a dog shampoo? Below are some of the reasons to get one for your pet.
- It Makes Your Dog Smell Fresh – This is the most obvious benefit of dog shampoo. You will love how your dog will smell even after days.
- It Has Calming Properties – Many shampoos contain natural botanical extracts and essential oils. Aside from smelling good, they can also keep your dog calm.
- It Acts as a Repellent – Depending on the shampoo you will choose, it can also ward off pests, including fleas.
- It is Good for Your Dog’s Health – Aside from making your dog smell fresh, a good shampoo will also promote healthier skin and coat.
How to Choose the Best Smelling Dog Shampoo
The options for dog shampoo will be almost endless. To help you decide, below are some of the most important considerations.
- Look for Natural Fragrance – As you search for the best smelling dog shampoo, make sure that it smells good. However, the fragrance should be coming from natural ingredients and not toxic chemicals. Aloe vera, chamomile, citrus, and vanilla are some of the best natural scents. Look at the label and see that the shampoo contains natural fragrances.
- Look for Moisturizing Ingredients – It is not enough for the shampoo to come with natural fragrances. It should also have natural moisturizing agents, which will keep their coat soft and smooth. Aloe is one of the best ingredients if you want a moisturizing shampoo. It is gentle while effectively making your pet’s coat glossy.
- Consider Your Dog’s Coat – The coat conditions of your dog will have an impact on the shampoo to choose. Whether their coat is thick, dry, curly, or soft, among others, pick a shampoo that is ideal for their individual characteristics.
- Consider a Medicated Shampoo – In some instances, a regular shampoo won’t cut it. Your dog’s vet might prescribe a medicated shampoo to address a couple of health problems. Medicated shampoos are useful for treating ticks and fleas, among other issues. However, be careful in using these shampoos because they contain harsh chemicals.
- Know What to Avoid – When choosing dog shampoos, avoid harsh chemicals. Especially if your dog has sensitive skin, these chemicals can irritate. You should also avoid artificial fragrances. They might make the shampoo smell good, but they are often made using toxic chemicals that can harm your dog.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Dog’s Shampoo
Have you got questions about dog shampoos? We’ll try to answer some of them before concluding this buying guide.
Why does my dog stink even after a bath?
Your dog can stink even after taking a bath because of natural oils and bacteria. They can remain on their body even after being wet. To prevent this problem, use a good-smelling dog shampoo.
How often should I wash my dog?
The frequency of washing your dog depends on breed, health, and lifestyle factors. Wash your dog every once every one to three months. If you have a healthy dog, wash it only once the dog stinks.
How do I shampoo my dog?
To shampoo your dog, start by brushing its coat. Bathe using lukewarm water and apply the shampoo. Massage your dog thoroughly and rinse. Finish by drying your dog.
Reviews: Best Smelling Dog Shampoos
Clueless about the best dog shampoo to buy? Below are the top products that should be on your list;
- One of the top-rated choices for the best smelling dog shampoo, this product has a pH balanced and alcohol-free formula.
- One of the best things about this shampoo is the use of lavender as the main ingredient. Aside from smelling good, it also has calming and detangling benefits.
- You will also love how it comes with a rich formula, which lathers well. Despite this, you can rinse it easily, and it won’t leave residue on your dog’s coat.
- This shampoo is reflective of Wahl’s less is more philosophy. It has carefully-selected ingredients that can deliver many benefits for your furry friends.
- Rather than relying on chemicals, it uses plant-based components, such as lavender and chamomile. They help in making your dog’s coat silky, smooth, and fresh
- The use of watermelon is why this is included in our list of the best smelling dog shampoos. It has a refreshing scent reminiscent of summer.
- Aside from watermelon, other key ingredients in this shampoo include chamomile, tea tree oil, and wheat proteins. They work together to make your dog’s fur healthier.
- The manufacturer takes pride in using dog-friendly ingredients. There are no harsh ingredients, making it safe even for sensitive skin pets.
- This shampoo has a soothing formula that can help relieve irritation and dryness. At the same time, it can also moisturize hair follicles.
- Oatmeal might not be the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to a fragrant shampoo. Nonetheless, this product has an amazing smell that makes it a great pick.
- Aside from natural oatmeal, baking soda is another main ingredient of this shampoo. The latter absorbs odor effectively. It also leaves your pet a clean and refreshing smell.
- Aloe vera is another ingredient that you will find in this product. The latter offers moisturizing benefits for a healthier and smoother coat.
- Speaking of ingredients, it is also worth noting that this shampoo is hypoallergenic. It is free of toxic chemicals that can be harsh on pets with sensitive skin.
- Best of all, it comes with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer. If you are unhappy in any way, let them know, and they will issue a 100% refund.
- Another great choice for the best dog shampoo is concentrated formula, making it budget-friendly. One drop is sure to go a long way!
- This shampoo has a blend of non-toxic proprietary ingredients. It has aloe vera and essential oils. The shampoo also has Vitamins A, D, and E.
- Another good thing about this shampoo is the use of silk proteins. The latter is responsible for providing long-lasting fragrance. It also makes their coat more manageable.
- The pH-balanced formula of the shampoo is another notable feature of this product. This makes the shampoo suitable for the sensitive skin of dogs.
- With this product’s honey sage scent, it is undeniable that this is a great option for the best pet shampoo.
- This shampoo delivers four benefits in one product. It will help neutralize odor, deodorizing, cleaning coat, and conditioning your pet’s skin.
- Oatmeal is one of the main ingredients you will find in this product. It is responsible for soothing and hydrating skin.
- Another good thing about this dog shampoo is its natural cocoa surfactant shampoo. It eliminates static electricity while also maintaining softness.
- This sulfate and paraben-free shampoo contain vanilla and jasmine fragrances, making your pet smell good between baths.
- Oatmeal is another ingredient that you will find in this shampoo. This will help in soothing dryness without irritation.
- This shampoo is packed with built-in odor neutralizers. Even without washing your dog daily, this shampoo will do a good job of keeping your pet fresh.
- One thing that makes it unique compared to other options for the best smelling dog shampoo is its waterless formula. Apply it to your dog without bathing and rinsing!
- Even if you don’t use water in this pet shampoo, there will be no residues. All that you need is to wipe your dog with a towel and brush its coat when you are done.
- This shampoo uses oatmeal and coconut lime as its main ingredients. They are also responsible for providing a distinct, refreshing, and long-lasting smell.
- It comes in an easy to pump bottle, which will prevent mess. Once it is pumped, the liquid formula turns into foam, making it easy to apply to your dog.
- With coconut vanilla bean, this is another great option for the best smelling dog shampoo. It has a refreshing scent that stays long in dogs.
- Besides its scent, we also love how it comes with pet-friendly ingredients. You can have peace of mind knowing that this is a hypoallergenic shampoo.
- You will also love how it takes only one application before the results will be evident. After the first wash, your dog will smell fresh and have a silky coat.
- Not happy with the results of using this shampoo on your dog? Your money does not have to go to waste! Get in touch with the manufacturer, and you will receive an unconditional refund.
- Want your puppy to smell like a newborn baby? This shampoo is a great choice! It has a baby powder scent that will make puppies smell good.
- While this shampoo comes with an optimal cleansing formula, it won’t strip your dog’s natural oils. This way, their skin, and coat will stay moisturized and healthy.
- Aside from this shampoo’s scent, we also love how it comes with an easy-rinse formula. It lathers well while being easy to rinse off.
- We also like how it comes with a mild and tear-less formula. This way, your puppies won’t hate bath time.
- This shampoo has a formula specifically developed by experts. It is perfect even for sensitive skin. It can quickly provide effective relief against dryness and itchiness.
- With its Japanese cherry blossom scent, you can expect that your pet will immediately smell fresh after taking a bath. The best thing is that the scent stays even after the next wash.
- This shampoo’s gentle formula will also help in brightening your dog’s coat. It will make it is color better through its use. If their coats need whitening or brightening, this shampoo will work.
- This is another great pick for the best smelling dog shampoo with vanilla and almond. It also has oatmeal and aloe, which will help deal with dryness, among other coat problems.
- It has organic and natural ingredients, so there’s no need to worry about potential side effects. Even if your pet has sensitive skin, this will be an excellent choice.
- The shampoo also comes with a pH-balanced formula. The latter will help restore healthy skin and coat conditions, even with just a single use of this shampoo.
- The main ingredient that you will find in this shampoo is coconut. This is also the one responsible for its subtle but refreshing scent.
- Coconut does not only make this shampoo smell good, but it also delivers moisturizing benefits. Your dog’s skin and coat will be soft and smooth because of this.
- Sunflower seed oil is another ingredient that you will find in this product. Like coconut, it will also deliver great moisturizing benefits.
- If you are looking for a cruelty-free shampoo, you will love this product. Aside from the absence of animal testing, it is also free of parabens, sulfates, and other toxic chemicals.
- Another great choice for the best smelling shampoo; we love this product because of its versatility. Aside from being a shampoo, it is also a conditioner.
- To provide a refreshing scent on your dog, this shampoo uses a combination of papaya and coconut. The shampoo has a tropical and sweet scent that will make you hug your dog more.
- This shampoo comes with rich botanical conditioners, including kiwi, mango, and pomegranate. This will make it easier for your dog’s coat to stay silky and smooth.
- A preferred choice among holistic veterinarians and groomers, this shampoo is made using organic essential oils.
- It is a plant-based and vegan shampoo that will work even for sensitive skin dogs. No need to worry that it will irritate since it comes with hypoallergenic ingredients.
- Aloe vera, lemongrass, and coconut oil are the main ingredients in this shampoo. Aside from their fresh scent, they also deliver moisturizing benefits.
- You can be assured of your satisfaction when you purchase this dog shampoo. If you are unhappy, let the manufacturer know, and they will issue an unconditional refund.
- Lastly, the manufacturer takes pride in the fact that this is organic. Only 2% of the world’s shampoos are truly organic, and this is one of them.
- With the innovative formula of this shampoo, it will eliminate unwanted odor and effectively mask it with a refreshing scent.
- The fragrance of this shampoo comes from its unique kiwi, blossom scent. This scent will stay on your dog for a long time.
- One of the main ingredients you will find in this shampoo is baking soda. This will dissolve into tiny particles that will eliminate odor from your pet.
- Like most of the shampoos included in this buying guide, it is also free of harsh chemicals. Even for dogs with sensitive skin, this will be a safe bet.
- This is a natural pet shampoo that is formulated without toxic chemicals. This means that it is a safe choice, even for sensitive skin.
- Among its ingredients, one of the most important is colloidal oatmeal. It is a gentle form of oats that can help detoxify and purify your dog’s skin.
- Lavender oil is another main ingredient that you will find in this shampoo. Aside from its calming benefits, this also makes it smell good.
- Another ingredient in this shampoo is jojoba oil. This is the one responsible for keeping your dog’s coat shiny and silky.
- Lastly, it also comes with a tear-free formula. This way, dogs will not be scared of bath time, and the shampoo won’t irritate their eyes.
- Another exceptional choice for the best smelling dog shampoo, it delivers five benefits in one product. It cleans, conditions, moisturizes, deodorizes, and detangles.
- This shampoo comes with a naturally-derived formula, which means that you don’t need to worry about harsh chemicals. It has no sulfates, phosphates, and parabens.
- One of the main ingredients you will find in this shampoo is coconut oil, which gives it a natural scent. It also hydrates and moisturizes your dog’s skin and coat.
- Lastly, the manufacturer offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You will get a hassle-free refund if you are unhappy with its use.
- Recommended even by veterinarians, you will love how this shampoo comes with a hypoallergenic formula. There is no risk of irritation, even among dogs with sensitive skin.
- This shampoo has a cherry almond scent derived from natural ingredients. It smells good without the guilt since it does not contain toxic chemicals.
- Aside from eliminating the wet dog smell, it also does a great job at detangling. It will be easier to brush your dog’s hair with this shampoo.
- It is also worth noting that it is 100% biodegradable. This is a great shampoo for those who would like to minimize their environmental footprint.
- This is another choice for the best smelling pet shampoo that uses oatmeal as its main ingredient. The latter helps in addressing key skin problems, including itchiness.
- The gentle formula of this dog shampoo also contains shea butter. The latter contains fats that will turn the shampoo into a creamy lather. It also has moisturizing benefits.
- Another key ingredient that you will find in this shampoo is aloe vera. It is a soothing and healing ingredient.
- If you are unhappy for whatever reason, let the manufacturer know. In turn, you will receive an unconditional refund.
- This extra-soothing shampoo comes with a country apple scent. This is unlike others with strong fragrances. The smell is subtle, natural, and refreshing.
- It contains 100% natural oatmeal extract. Oatmeal is an ingredient recommended even by vets because of its ability to relieve dry and itchy skin.
- The shampoo comes with a high level of surfactants. This means that it has many active ingredients that can lift more dirt from the surface.
- Despite having potent surfactants, it is good to know that this shampoo does not contain phosphate, phthalate, alcohol, and paraben, among other harsh chemicals.
- Concluding our recommendations for the best smelling pet shampoo is a pH-balanced and all-natural product.
- Lavender and mint are two of the main ingredients you will find in this shampoo. They provide a soothing but refreshing scent.
- Aloe and chamomile are also the main ingredients in this product. They are known for their conditioning benefits, so they will make your dog’s coat smoother.
- Lastly, it comes with a highly-concentrated botanical formula. A small drop will go a long way and will deliver potent benefits.
The right shampoo is a must for well-nourished coat and fresh smelling dogs. You will love your furry friends even more!
Please pay attention to our recommendations above for the best smelling dog shampoo! Aside from smelling good, they will make your dogs’ skin and coat look better!
Index Table: Top Rated Best Smelling Dog Shampoos
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Using a Dog Shampoo
- How to Choose the Best Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Dog’s Shampoo
- Reviews: Best Smelling Dog Shampoos
- Wahl® 4-in-1 Calming Pet Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Pet Head® Life's an Itch Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Pets Are Kids Too® Premium Pet Oatmeal Shampoo Fragrant Dog Shampoo
- Nature’s Specialties® Plum Silky Dog Shampoo Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Nature’s Miracle® Supreme Odor Control Shampoo and Conditioner Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Isle of Dogs® Silky Smooth Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Wahl® Pet-Friendly No-Rinse Shampoo Fragrant Dog Shampoo
- Buddy’s Best® Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner Scented Dog Shampoo
- Perfect Coat® Pampered Puppy Shampoo Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Seamus® Cherry Blossom Soap-Free Shampoo Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Earthbath® Oatmeal and Aloe Shampoo Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Lucy Pet® All-Natural Shampoo for Dogs Fragrant Dog Shampoo
- TropiClean® Shampoos for Pets Fragrant Dog Shampoo
- 4Legger® USDA-Certified Organic Dog Shampoo Great Smelling Dog Shampoo
- Arm and Hammer® Super Deodorizing Shampoo for Dogs Scented Dog Shampoo
- Pet Pleasant® Lavender Oatmeal Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Pet Care Sciences® Puppy Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Pro Pet® Works All-Natural Organic Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Oliver’s Choice® Dog Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Oster® Oatmeal Essentials Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- John Paul® Pet Lavender Mint Shampoo Scented Dog Shampoo
- Index Table: Top Rated Best Smelling Dog Shampoos