As you probably know, a pet turtle needs both land and water to survive.
Therefore choosing the right tank that provides both these options is vital.
This article will take you through everything that you must know about choosing the best tank for your Turtle as well as setting it up properly.
What Your Turtle Needs
A Turtle lives mainly in water, so a tank with at least 29 gallons of water is required.
Turtles also need 12 hours of daily sunlight, but their aquarium should never be placed in direct sunlight. A UVA/UVB bulb needs to be used.
You will also need a warm side in your tank and a cool side, and at night, the whole tank must be a consistent temperature.
Your turtle will also require an area outside of the water, such as a built beach or rock.
Setting Up Your Turtle Tank
- The Tank – You will need a tank with a minimum size of 40 gallons for a single turtle and a bit larger for more turtles. The tank will also be your most expensive purchase. You can get an empty a tank and purchase the accessories and equipment separately, or opt for a full starter kit and carry on from there. The tank must be filled with 10 gallons of water per inch of their shell, for the correct amount of water.
- Filter -Turtle produces a lot of waste, so you must have a good quality filter to keep the tank clean. A canister filter is usually your best option.
- Light and Heating – You need a UVA and UVB light, or combination bulb, which is recommended only for large tanks to provide light and heat. The tank needs to have a warm and a cool side. The warm side should be between 90 and 95°F, and the cooler side around 75 and 85°F, with cool side temperatures for night time.
- Tank Heater – A tank heater is required to keep consistent temperatures in the tank throughout the day, with lower temperatures at night.
- Basking Dock – Turtles enjoy basking in a warm light for a few hours and need a plastic dock or sand dock underneath their basking light that is outside the water.
Features of a Good Tank for Turtles
- Materails – A good tank should be made from a high garde glass or plastic with non-toxic materails.
- Tank Size – A 40 Gallon tank is an acceptable size for a single or even two turtles, though I recommend larger for more turtles.
- Accessories – Some starter kits will come with a UVA/UVB lamp, heater and filter added, which you will need.
- Other Accessories – Other Accessories such as a basking dock, sand, pebbles, and decorative branches and rocks may also be included in the kit.
Reviews: The Best Turtle Tanks
Looking for the best available Tank for your Turtle, well then look no further than our comprehensive list;
The Calpalmy Store offers you their large Reptile tank and Aquarium set up for one or more turtles.
- You can choose between two available color options.
- The tanks are very lightweight and durable, as well as portable, so it makes the best travel Tank.
- The open design makes it easy to look inside and keep track of your pet and their activities.
- The tank comes with a raised platform, food tray, and a ribber plug for easy draining and cleaning of the tank.
The Tetra Fauna Viqa-Aquarium is an all in one Terrarium and Aquarium for turtles, other aquatic reptiles, and amphibians.
- The Terrarium and Aquarium in one is a land and water environment for amphibians, fish, and turtles.
- There are realistic features including a cascading waterfall, a basking area, and easy to climb the ramp.
- The tank comes complete with everything you need, as well as a Tetra Whisper Filtration system and medium-size filter cartridges.
- You can easily adapt the setup to your preferences to the left or right side of the Aquarium.\The design si easy to set up and very easy to clean.
The Reptile Habitat is a Turtle habitat Aquarium tank for Terrapins and turtles.
- The tank comes with a built-in platform and ramp for basking.
- There is a non-slip strip on the ramp so that your turtle can easily climb on and off of the ramp.
- The habitat is made from strong and durable plastic that is constructed in a Kidney shape with the elevated ramp.
- The home is unique and ideal for adult and baby turtles and Terrapins.
The Tetra Aquatic Turtle Deluxe kit is a tank with all accessories included for your turtle.
- The Complete kut and Aquarium tank is ideal for aquatic turtles of all sizes.
- Included are all the essentials that you may need, a decorative filter with cartridges basking platform, heating lamp, boxwood plant, and a screen top.
- The Decorative ReptiFiletr included instantly creates a beautiful waterfall with clean three-stage filtration.
- The Aquarium is likewise the perfect size for one or more turtles and will create a happy habit for them to live and play in.
- The Tanks are durable and large enough in size to house one or more turtles of all ages.
- The kit is a full kit with all the essentials that you need for your turtle to live happily.
- As this is a refurbished product and not new, it is much more affordable, yet still the same great quality of a new product.
- The product will ship with all the necessary accessories and come fully packaged in a generic box.
Here we have a fully equipped Turtle tank and habitat that is ideal for all types of turtles.
- The tank consists of high-grade plastic, which is sturdy and non-deformation. The tank is also safe and very durable.
- Inside the tank is a built-in platform and ramp for basking.
- The ramp has a non-slip strip for easy climbing, and there are five areas of design for feeding, docking, basking, swimming, and hibernation.
- The design is unique and ideal for adult and baby turtles.
Index Table: Top Rated Turtle Tanks
|1||Calpalmy Store Large - Reptile Aquarium for Turtles||Calpalmy Store||98.2|
|2||TetraFauna Viqaquarium - All in OneTurtle Tank||TetraFauna||97.6|
|3||Hamiledyi Store Reptile Habitat - Habitat for Your Turtle||Hamiledyi Store||96|
|4||Tetra Aquatic Deluxe - Tank for Your Turtle||Tetra Aquatic||97.5|
|5||Aqua Culture 10 Gallon - Turtle Tank||Aqua Culture||94.5|
|6||Hamiledyi Store Turtle aquarium - Tank for Turtles||Hamiledyi Store||98|
Table of Contents
- What Your Turtle Needs
- Setting Up Your Turtle Tank
- Features of a Good Tank for Turtles
- Reviews: The Best Turtle Tanks
- Index Table: Top Rated Turtle Tanks