We all know how important drinking water is to maintain a healthy body. And this is also true in terms of your furry friend’s health.
Hamsters are more prone to dehydration than other small animals and will not typically survive longer than several days without access to a clean and fresh water supply.
This is accelerated even further when your hamster is exercising, and dehydration can be seen after as little as 30 minutes of exercise on his exercise ball or training wheel.
If not given enough water, dehydration can sometimes have fatal hamsters. Thus, you must invest in the best water bottles for hamsters, providing them constant access to clean and fresh water.
But, what makes a good hamster bottle?
Important Factors To Consider
- Materials –
- A water bottle has two main parts. The first is the water bottle itself, usually made of non-toxic and BPA-free plastic. Still, some are constructed of ceramic or even glass. The second part would be the nozzle. This is why the hamster directly drinks and is usually made from stainless steel featuring smooth edges.
- Water Capacity – Personally, I would suggest that you get something large, particularly if you’re always away from home and no one is left behind to watch over your furry friend. A bigger water capacity will ensure that your adorable hamster will have a steady supply of water when you’re away.
- Leak-Proof Design – Most cheap water bottles are notorious for being leaky, causing the water supply to run out quickly and leaving your hamster’s home wet and damp. Thus, it would be best to look for water bottles with nozzles that are fully equipped with a ball that prevents the water from dripping and leaking when your furry hamster is not drinking, functioning as a lock.
- Cleaning and Maintenance – To make your life a lot easier, you need to choose a water bottle, which will be almost effortless for you to clean and maintain. If possible, look for dishwasher-safe water bottles or those that can be easily disassembled for easy cleaning. Regularly cleaning the water bottle must avoid possible contamination and promote your furry friend’s best health.
- Type of Cage and Assembly – The type of cage that your furry friend lives in can also dictate which kind of water bottle you get. The best water bottles for hamsters should also be easy to assemble in the cage. Most models can only be attached through the bars of plastic or wire cages with heights that can be customized depending on the size of your hamster. Meanwhile, if you own the smaller breeds of hamsters that can squeeze their bodies between the bars of most cages, then you probably have a tank to house your pets. If so, then your only option is a water bottle that comes fully equipped with a stand. However, it would be best to make sure that it does not easily trip or fall.
Reviews: Best Water Bottles For Hamsters
Here are our best choices in Water Bottles for Hamsters;
- First off in our list is Amazon’s Choice for “Hamster Water Bottle,” the dual-purpose Hideout Water Bottle from B.C. This hamster bottle is designed with a premium roll ball to stop leaks and prevent your furry friend from spilling out the water with its steady base.
- The base is made of durable plastic and fully equipped with a metal nozzle for your hamster to drink. Standing at 13cm tall and having a volume of 80ml, this water bottle is enough to last a day or two for even the thirstiest hamsters. Featuring a premium, non-toxic material with anti-dust and anti-odor properties, this water bottle is super easy to use and clean.
- Not only that, the base has a small hole in its side that can fit your furry friend and serve as a hiding spot when it needs to sleep or privacy. The water bottle is available in 4 vibrant color choices— blue, rose, red, and green.
- Premium roll ball that prevents leaks.
- Steady base that prevents tipping.
- Durable plastic and non-toxic materials.
- Easy to clean.
- Doubles as a hiding spot.
- Base is compatible with other hamster bottles.
- Available in various colors.
- The nozzle is too low.
- Boasting over 1,000 reviews on Amazon alone, this water bottle from reputable brand Choco Nose is another great buy for your hamster’s hydration needs. With its patented No Drip tech, you can bet that this water bottle is completely and effectively leak-proof.
- The water bottle has an 11.2 oz—capacity, enough to hydrate multiple hamsters and avoid all the dangers of dehydration. The water bottle also allows you to feel environmentally-conscious since you can switch its bottle with any other bottle like soda bottles. Featuring a mini, 10mm nozzle, this water bottle is suitable for hamster, ferrets, guinea pigs and bunnies.
- It is super easy to install with the included screw-on bracket, and you only need to snap the water bottle on or off for refilling and cleaning. If you don’t want to screw it on the side of the cage, it also includes a nail-on bracket that allows you to nail the water bottle to wooden furniture or the walls with screws. Lastly, you get to choose from 3 different colors— pink, green and blue.
- No-drip technology.
- Good capacity.
- Eco-friendly idea.
- Mini, 10mm nozzles.
- Super easy to install with screw-on bracket or nail-on bracket.
- Available in 3 different colors.
- Balls can get stuck blocking water from coming out.
- This waterer from Day is very much different from the rest of the products listed. Boasting a unique design, this waterer has an almost igloo shape style, making it an attractive addition to your pet’s home.
- And it does not just look cool— the waterer is made of pet-safe ceramic materials that are completely safe for your furry friend to use and drink from. The material is also super durable and sturdy and makes a lot less noise than the plastic and nozzle-type models.
- The bottle waterer has a water capacity of 8 ounces, making sure that your furry pet has enough water to last the entire day. Designed to be leak-proof, this waterer is fully equipped with an automatic feeding system, ensuring that the water is always fresh and clean and preventing the cage floor from becoming damp and wet. Its steady base ensures that the waterer will not fall or trip even if a rowdy hamster plays with it.
- Decorative, igloo-shaped design.
- Good capacity.
- Pet-safe ceramic material.
- Leak-proof design.
- Silent operation.
- Steady base.
- It can be difficult to clean.
- Just like the B.C’s water bottle for hamsters, this product from Alfie Pet also features a cozy hut or hideout in its base where your furry friend can retire for a bit of privacy and little peace. The base is constructed from sturdy ceramic to make it a little heavier so that even the rowdiest pets will not be able to knock the water bottle over or even chew the bottle.
- Meanwhile, the bottle is made of durable plastic and boasts a non-drip design that prevents water from leaking away and creating a mess in your hamster’s home. The water bottle is also super easy to clean as it can smoothly slide away from its base and is also odor-resistant.
- The water bottle also features a compact, space-saving design, thus creating more room for your little friend to play around comfortably. Lastly, the water bottle hut is available in 2 light colors— yellow and blue.
- Keeps your pet hydrated while offering a cozy space for your hamster to sleep and rest.
- The base is made of durable and chew-proof ceramic.
- No-drip design.
- Available in a variety of fun colors.
- The bottle is non-toxic and anti-odor.
- Stable base.
- Looks cheaply made.
- The nozzle is too low.
- Another great water bottle from popular brand Choco Nose, the H125, is our choice for “Water Bottle For Hamster” and boasts a 4.2-star rating. Just like the previous Choco Nose Model, this one features the U.S. patented leak-proof nozzle, ensuring that your pet’s home will stay dry and clean.
- It also features the mini, 10mm nozzle that is perfect for small animals, particularly hamsters, mice, rats, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, and more. The water bottle has a 330ml water capacity and is BPA-free, so it is safe for your furry friend to use. You can also switch out the original bottle that comes with it to most regular-sized pet bottles such as soda bottles to keep you environmentally conscious.
- Like the previous Choco Nose model, this water bottle also includes a screw-on bracket for an easy and simple installation where you can just easily snap the water bottle on or off for refilling and cleaning. If you want to use it outside of the cage, then the nail-on bracket should allow you to nail the water bottle on wooden furniture or walls with screws.
- Lastly, this reliable water bottle for hamsters comes in various bright colors, including blue, pink, and green, so you can choose one that goes with your pet’s home decoration.
- Easy installation.
- S patented leak-proof.
- BPA-free water bottle.
- Simple and easy installation.
- You can switch out the included bottle with any regular-sized bottles.
- Available in various colors.
- Some bottles leaked.
- Some blocks the water supply.
- Although it has a chicken on its logo instead of adorable furry pets, this water bottle from RentACoop is definitely created for small pets such as rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, and more.
- This 32oz water bottle stays leak-proof all day long, keeping your pet’s home clean and dry while ensuring that they have enough water to stay hydrated for a day. The product balances sturdily at the edge of any wire cages with the included metal bracket and hangs low enough for your furry pet to drink from.
- The water bottle is also chew-resistant, so you do not have to worry about your pet gnawing it to pieces. The water bottle is also super easy to refill with an easy-to-open lid. To brighten up your pet’s home, the lid comes in 2 fun and vibrant colors— red and green— shipped randomly.
- Guaranteed Leak-free.
- Good water capacity.
- BPA-free construction.
- Easy to refill.
- Includes a metal bracket for easy installation.
- Chew-resistant nipple.
- It is difficult to remove from the cage for cleaning.
- The wire does not hold up so well.
- If you need something that has total value for your money, consider this dual-purpose product from Newweic. This water bottle also features a durable food container, providing your furry friend hydration and food in one item.
- The water and food dispenser features a pet-friendly Plastic construction that is healthy and safe for your pet to use. The water bottle features a stainless steel mouth that is completely chew-proof and leak-proof thanks to its ball design that prevents water from dripping. The water bottle itself has a water capacity of 125 ml, enough to keep your furry friend hydrated for the whole day, so you do not have to worry anymore whenever you are not home.
- Furthermore, the water bottle can be used in 2 ways— you can either place it in the base with the food container or attach the bottle to the cage with its special plastic bracket design. You can also use the food container separately if you want. Lastly, the product is available in bright colors such as blue, green, yellow, and pink.
- Many Colors Available.
- Drip Proof Design.
- Two Way Use.
- Ball tip is of not good quality.
- Phenomenally designed, this water bottle from Living World is your best bet if you are quite conscious about the environment. Made from recyclable glass, this water bottle is extremely durable and safe for your small pets since there’s no fear of harmful chemicals or substances.
- It features a double ball bearing as well as a drip-resistant tube that ensures there will be no dripping and leaking to keep your pet’s cage clean and dry. Fully equipped with a water level indicator, you get to track exactly how much your small pet is drinking per time.
- Also, the glass design makes it super easy to clean and refill. It is also super easy to install with the included spring attachment, which allows you to conveniently hang the water bottle at the side of the cage.
- What makes it more different than the rest is that Living World also offers this water bottle in 3 different sizes— 6 ounces, 12 ounces, and 26 ounces— so you can have the choice of picking out which suits your furry friend’s hydration needs.
- Available in various sizes.
- Made from pet-safe recycled glass.
- Glass design makes it easy to clean and refill.
- Equipped with a water level indicator.
- Double ball bearing to prevent drips and leaks.
- Easy to install with included spring attachment.
- A bit unstable with just a spring holder on the cage.
- The ball inside makes a lot of noise.
- Poodle Pet offers a reliable water bottle for busy pet owners. This unique design water bottle is constructed of pet-safe and eco-friendly materials to ensure only the safest and finest quality for your furry friend’s hydration needs.
- Its water bottle has a good water capacity, but you can always replace it with your own water bottle of the same size, so you do not have to worry about finding a compatible replacement. The water bottle is also super easy to install and mount on the side of your pet’s cage.
- Moreover, the water bottle has a non-drip guarantee thanks to the spigot spout mouth that prevents drip while ensuring that your pet gets all the hydration they need.
- Spigot spout.
- Easy to set up and refill.
- Made from pet-safe and eco-friendly materials.
- Metal cap and ball mechanism can be removed making it a choking hazard.
- One of the most stylish options from our list, the Kordon Oasis Bell Water Bottle, combines form and function in one. The design itself features intricate patterns that make this water bottle stand out from the crowd and make your cage attractive and stylish.
- It provides excellent value for your money with its 2-piece kit design— a sturdy plastic holder and a water bottle equipped with a reliable nozzle. The water bottle is made of high-quality crystal styrene, which is known for resisting breakage and can hold up to 4 ounces of water.
- Meanwhile, its nozzle has a rounded design that helps discourage chewing and gnawing your furry friend’s behavior. The water bottle is also super easy to install with the included adjustable strap that can fit into most cages and tanks.
- Stylish, 2-piece kit design.
- Bottle made of crystal styrene that resists breakage.
- Rounded nozzle to prevent chewing.
- Adjustable strap.
- Reported defect on the nozzles.
- Questionable build quality.
- A superior water bottle for hamsters from the reputable company Kaytee is made of durable and chew-resistant glass and stainless steel design. This makes it more hygienic and easier to clean than plastic models.
- What makes it unique is that the bottle also has a small floating duck inside, which might sound strange but is actually an effective and fun reminder to refill the bottle regularly. Its water nozzle is totally drip-free.
- Also, despite being heavier than the plastic models, the included mounting equipment hold the bottle in place and prevent your furry friend from knocking it down.
- Durable and chew-resistant materials.
- Includes a floating duck inside that serves as a reminder to refill the bottle.
- Mounting equipment is unreliable.
- Some reports of leaking nozzles.
- You do not have to worry about this product being chewed to nothing by your relentless furry chompers with the durable glass construction. The Lixit Water bottle also features a stainless steel nozzle and cap for extra protection, making it virtually indestructible.
- As a matter of fact, the water bottle can even survive the dishwasher, making it relatively easy to clean and maintain. For drip-free hydration, this water bottle features a rubber stopper and a double ball valve.
- For installation, Lixit included reliable clips and springs so you can attach the water bottle inside or outside the cage. Lastly, like the Living World Water Bottle, this one also comes in 3 sizes— 5-ounce, 8-ounce, and 10-ounce.
- Durable glass construction.
- Chew proof nozzle.
- Rubber stopper and double ball valve to prevent drips and leaks.
- Reliable springs and clips for installation.
- Available in various sizes.
- Vertical drip causing awkward drink..
Just like drinking water is a crucial part of our life, your furry hamsters can’t live without drinking water as well. Heck, they won’t even last a couple of days without it. Without a continuous supply of clean and fresh water, their bodies dehydrate and start suffering from dangerous illnesses.
Obviously, you do not want that to happen to your adorable pet. So, get the best water bottles for hamsters from the above list to ensure that they live a happy, energetic, and well-hydrated life!
Index Table: Top rated Hamster Water Bottles
|1||C Hamster 2-in-1 Hideout Water Bottle - Hamster Water Bottle||C Hamster||98|
|2||Choco Nose H128 - Water Bottle for Hamsters||Choco Nose||97.8|
|3||Dahey Ceramic Bottle Waterer - Hamster’s Water Bottle||Dahey||96.8|
|4||Alfie Pet 2-in-1 Water Bottle Hut - Water Bottle for Hamsters||Alfie||97.6|
|5||Choco Nose H125 - Water Bottle for Hamsters||Choco Nose||97.4|
|6||RentACoop Small Animal - Hamster Water Bottle||RentACoop||97|
|7||Newweic 2-in-1 Pet Water Bottle and Food Dispenser - Hamster’s Water Bottle||Newweic||97|
|8||Living World Eco + - Hamster Water Bottle||Living World||96.8|
|9||Poodle Pet Unique Design - Water Bottle for Hamsters||Poodle Pet||96.6|
|10||Kordon Oasis Bell - Water Bottle for Hamsters||Kordon||97|
|11||Kaytee Chew-Proof Water Bottle - Water Bottle for Hamsters||Kaytee||96|
|12||Lixit Small Animal - Hamster’s Water Bottle||Lixit||97.2|
Table of Contents
- Important Factors To Consider
- Reviews: Best Water Bottles For Hamsters
- C Hamster® 2-in-1 Hideout Water Bottle Hamster Water Bottle
- Choco Nose® H128 Water Bottle for Hamsters
- Dahey® Ceramic Bottle Waterer Hamster’s Water Bottle
- Alfie® Pet 2-in-1 Water Bottle Hut Water Bottle for Hamsters
- Choco Nose® H125 Water Bottle for Hamsters
- RentACoop® Small Animal Hamster Water Bottle
- Newweic® 2-in-1 Pet Water Bottle and Food Dispenser Hamster’s Water Bottle
- Living World® Eco + Hamster Water Bottle
- Poodle Pet® Unique Design Water Bottle for Hamsters
- Kordon® Oasis Bell Water Bottle for Hamsters
- Kaytee® Chew-Proof Water Bottle Water Bottle for Hamsters
- Lixit® Small Animal Hamster’s Water Bottle
- Index Table: Top rated Hamster Water Bottles