Rabbits are lovable creatures.
Thus, they deserve all the love, and care in the world — from their housing to hydration; rabbits will need basic needs to stay healthy and energetic.
And to keep your pets hydrated, water bowls can do the trick, but if you want to provide a constant supply of fresh and clean water, then you will need the best water bottles for rabbits.
Important Factors To Consider
The problem, however, when it comes to bunny water bottles, one size doesn’t fit all.
Rabbit water bottles range in various sizes and features; choosing the right one can make it difficult for the first time bunny owner.
Well, we’ve made it easier for you and listed some things that you need to consider when choosing a good water bottle for your bunny’s hydration needs!
- Size and Water Capacity – The water bottle’s right size can depend on various factors, including the number of bunnies that will be drinking from the water bottle. If you have multiple bunnies, then you will need the largest capacity you can get. Also, owning a single bunny does not mean that you can get the smallest size possible. Rabbits require to drink up to ½ cup of water per pound of their body weight every day. So, you will need to choose a water bottle that holds drinking water for your furry friend to get through the day. For instance, a 6-pound bunny will need a liter-sized water bottle for a single day. You can always get multiple bottles, so long as you stay diligent and monitor the bottle, refilling them right away once it goes empty.
- Materials – IT is always a great idea to choose products constructed from high-quality materials even if it means that it comes with a higher price tag. Your material of choice will directly impact its durability and longevity. In most cases, water bottles for rabbits are made of plastic, affordable and lightweight. This makes it easier for you to steadily install or hang the water bottles. Just make sure that the plastic material is BPA-free so that it is safe for your bunny to use. Another material used for water bottles is glass or ceramic. They are durable but can be quite heavy and have a bit higher price tag. Most bottle materials are transparent, allowing you to see the bottle’s contents, so you know when there is a need for refilling; in terms of the nozzle, which is the part where your bunny drinks, the most common material of choice is stainless steel. Beware products that use plastic nozzles since they will not last long and can’t last with notorious chompers. See to it that the stainless steel material will not corrode or rust.
- Nozzle Design – Taking it further, you also need to look carefully at the nozzle design. The nozzle should be compact enough so that it can fit in the small mouth of your bunny. The most common problem with water bottles is leaking and dripping. Thus, you must take a careful look at the nozzle mechanism that stops it from leaking. Most nozzle use ball bearing that acts as a lock and stops water from dripping and should only discard water when your bunny drinks and licks at it.
- Size and Age of Your Bunny – Bunnies vary in breeds and sizes. Thus, some bottles and parts will not be suitable for your rabbit. For this reason, you need to consider the size and age of your rabbit before shopping for the best water bottles. Pay attention to the recommended age, the capacity, the shape, and the spout design when looking for the best bottle.
- Ease of Installation – AS simple as water bottles can be, I’m pretty sure you do not have the patience to deal with complicated installations. Thus, choose a user-friendly product and comes fully equipped with the mounting bracket. The water bottle should be effortless to attach and detach to the cage.
- Cleaning and Maintenance – These water bottles are not supposed to sustain any dirt. But, they will accumulate dirt, grime, and slime from time to time. Thus, you must keep it clean for your bunny to have a fresh and clean supply of water every time. Look for bottles with dirt-resistant and odor-resistant materials such as stainless steel and ceramics. IF possible, go for bottles that can be thrown in a dishwasher safe for your convenience.
- Versatility – To gain total value for your money, you can choose water bottles with another purpose. And although most products in this list are made specifically to function as a water bottle alone, some feature bowls at the bottom part that can be used as a food bowl to feed your hungry pet.
The Top 12 Best Water Bottles For Rabbits
Below, we have listed some of the best available Water Bottles that are perfect for Rabbits of all sizes and breeds
- First off is our best choice for “Rabbit Water Bottles for Cages” — the reliable Choco Nose H528 Rabbit Water Bottle! This water bottle boasts the U.S. patented leak-proof nozzle, ensuring that there will be no drips, leaks, or wet mess on your bunny’s home.
- The nozzle itself is small (13mm), recommended for rabbits, cats, chinchillas, and even small-breed dogs and puppies.
- Meanwhile, the bottle is made of BPA-free plastic material and 11.2 ounces of water capacity. You can switch out the bottle with most regular sized pet bottles such as soda bottles for environmentally-conscious pet owners.
- The bottle includes a screw-on bracket where you can snap the bottle on and off for refilling and cleaning for easy installation.
- And if you do not want to use it on cages, then the included nail-on bracket allows you to install the water bottle to wooden furniture or walls with screws.
- US patented leak-proof nozzle.
- BPA-free plastic, 13mm nozzle.
- Includes a screw-on bracket and nail-on bracket.
- Plastic part is not chew-resistant.
- Small water capacity.
- Made from tough, weather-resistant plastic material, this rabbit water bottle from Lixit is perfect for outdoor and indoor cages.
- It can stand up against the harsh outdoor weather and is chew-proof, so you do not have to worry about your adorable pet gnawing a hole in the bottle.
- The bottle itself has a big water capacity of 64 ounces and is BPA-free, so it is safe for your pets to use.
- Meanwhile, the nozzle features a ball-bearing design that helps stop dripping and leaking after your pet drinks from the nozzle and ensuring a clean and dry home.
- For easy cleaning and refilling, the bottle features a wide mouth design.
- Suitable for multiple rabbits.
- Ball-bearing design.
- Weatherproof and chew-proof.
- Large water capacity.
- No rubber gasket in the screw top which causes leaking.
- Mainly advertised for dogs and cats, this water bottle from Poodle Pet is also suitable for rabbits, hamsters, and other small animals.
- This water bottle is made of eco-friendly and pet-safe plastic materials for your pet’s hydration needs.
- With a non-drip design, this water bottle ensures a clean and dry environment for your adorable bunny. Also, you can use other standard water bottles for an eco-friendly replacement.
- Designed to easily and quickly mount onto the side of your bunny’s cage, this water bottle features a turnable “fixer” wheel that can be adjusted to a convenient height and placement.
- For quick and easy refilling, you only need to turn the bottle over, unscrew the top, fill it with water, and re-screwing it back in place.
- Easy installation.
- No-drip design.
- Easy and quick refilling.
- Eco-friendly and pet-safe materials.
- Replaceable water bottles.
- Higher price tag.
- Not chew-resistant.
- Here’s a simple and stylish looking water bottle for rabbits— the Kordon Oasis SOA80850 offers a top-filling convenience with the traditional ball-point drinking tip.
- You do not have to remove the bottle from the cage anymore to refill.
- It has easy lift-off, a press-on cap, and a wide top opening for easy refilling of water.
- Meanwhile, the included patented mounting bracket screws offer an ultra-secure fit on your pet’s cage.
- The water bottle itself features pet-safe materials and has a 12.5-ounce water capacity. What’s more, it is dishwasher-safe for easy and convenient cleaning.
- Easy lift-off cap.
- Secure mounting bracket screws.
- Pet-safe and dishwasher-safe bottle.
- Good capacity.
- Mouthpiece is big and is not suitable for small breeds.
- Another great product from Choco Nose is the H128 water bottle boasting over 1,000 reviews on Amazon alone.
- Just like the previous Choco Nose models, this water bottle also features the U.S. patented leak-proof nozzle, ensuring that your pet’s home stays cozy and dry.
- The water bottle itself is BPA-free and holds up to 11.2 ounces of water. Meanwhile, the mini, 10mm nozzle is suitable for bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs, and ferrets.
- It also allows you to switch out the included bottle with a bottle of your own for an eco-friendly replacement.
- The previous Choco Nose model also includes a screw-on bracket for easy and simple cages installation.
- Meanwhile, the nail-on bracket allows you to nail the bottle to wooden furniture or the wall.
- US patented leak-proof nozzle.
- BPA-free bottle.
- Includes a screw-on bracket and nail-on bracket for easy and convenient installation.
- Replaceable bottle.
- Available in various colors.
- Ball on the nozzle can get stuck and cause no water to flow.
- Advertised as a dog water dispenser, this attractive water bottle from SatisPet is also suitable for cats, bunnies, and other small animals. It comes in 2 sizes— 14 fl oz and 32 fl oz, so you can choose the right one for your pet’s hydration needs.
- Thanks to its high quality and non-toxic plastic material, this water bottle is safe for your pets to use and keeps water without creating an unpleasant smell over time.
- Its nozzle is completely leak-proof and features 3 stainless steel balls that ensure there’s no dripping or leaking, keeping your pet’s home clean and dry.
- SatisPet also offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee for risk-free buying with the perfect deal of price and quality.
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Non-toxic, BPA-free bottle.
- Leak-proof nozzle.
- 100 percent money-back guarantee.
- Easy to install.
- Hangers can be quite hard to fasten around the water bottle.
- The Living World Eco + Water Bottle is a water bottle that uses recycled glass bottles, making it a perfect purchase for environmentally-conscious pet owners.
- The water bottle itself is clear and elegant, fully equipped with a water level indicator, which is useful when measuring just how much your bunny drinks for every hour.
- The water bottle is also highly durable and safe enough for your pet to use. It is also super easy to refill and clean.
- Meanwhile, the tube features a double ball-bearing mechanism that stops leaking and dripping for a clean and dry environment for your bunny.
- For easy and quick installation, it comes with a sturdy spring attachment as well as a hanger. Lastly, Living World offers the water bottle in 3 different sizes—6 ounces, 12 ounces, and 26 ounces— so you can choose the right one for your pet’s needs.
- Easy installation.
- Available in 3 sizes.
- Durable and pet-safe recycled glass bottle.
- Double ball bearing mechanism.
- Water level indicator.
- Some users reported that it does not dispense water.
- The reputable brand name Ferplast offers a sturdy water bottle suitable for bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs, and other small animals.
- This water bottle is made of sturdy plastic fully equipped with a stainless steel valve to ensure a perfect watertight system that prevents leaking and dripping, keeping your pet’s home clean and dry.
- For quick and easy assembly, the water bottle features an efficient fastening system that perfectly adapts to all kinds of cages.
- You can fix it to a wire cage or smooth surfaces with the included suction cups, making it versatile for all kinds of habitats.
- With a transparent tank, you get to have a glance at whether you will need to refill the bottle or not. And with a capacity of 20.28 ounces, this water bottle is suitable for multiple rabbits. The water bottle has a removable top cover for cleaning and maintenance, or you can easily remove it from the cage.
- Watertight system.
- Quick and easy assembly.
- Can be used on wire cages or smooth plastic surfaces with included suction cups.
- Removable cover for easy refilling.
- It can prevent water from flowing.
- Bottle length is a bit unstable on cages that cause it to tip over.
- Although advertised for felines, this product can also be useful for bunnies, puppies, and other small animals to keep them hydrated. It features a high-quality water bottle that is BPA-free that is safe for your adorable pet to use.
- It features a 0.3 inches nozzle with a stainless steel ball that blocks the tip of the hose and prevents leaking and dripping, only allowing water to pass through when your adorable pet sucks t to drink.
- Also, the nozzle is completely chew-proof, so you do not have to worry about your chompers making a mess out of it.
- The water bottle features a fun purple color that can brighten your bunny’s cage.
- Meanwhile, the ergonomic design allows you to and quickly install the water bottle on cages and easy refill water.
- Good capacity.
- Small, leak-proof nozzle.
- BPA-free bottle.
- Ergonomic design.
- Reported leaking by some users.
- Next up is a very much different model than the rest.
- Farm Innovators’ water bottle uses electricity to heat water, making it suitable for those living in regions with freezing temperatures.
- This handy device can prevent 32 ounces of water from freezing, even in the case of subzero temperature, ensuring that your little pet can drink warm water every time.
- The bottle operates on a thermostatically-controlled mechanism that activates only when necessary, saving on electricity bills.
- The bottle only uses 20 watts of power to keep your pet’s water ice-free. It can be easily refilled from the top and features a brass drinking valve that is completely leak-free, keeping your pet’s home nice and dry.
- Ideal for year-round usage, this water bottle includes attachment clips for easy and quick installation on your adorable bunny’s cage. For your convenience, Farm Innovators also included an instruction manual as well as a one-year limited warranty for risk-free buying.
- Suitable for cold regions.
- A Thermostat-controlled mechanism that operates only when necessary.
- Saves on electricity.
- Prevents water from freezing.
- Great water capacity.
- No-drip brass drinking valve.
- Easy refilling.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- The unit can get too hot on the back.
- This water bottle from RentACoop can hold up to 32 ounces of drinking water and keep your pets well-hydrated for a day or two.
- Featuring a BPA-free plastic bottle, this product is safe for your pets and keeps them hydrated whenever you are away from home.
- It features a chew-resistant and leak-proof nipple, ensuring that your pet’s home stays cozy and dry. With a largemouth, you can easily refill the bottle whenever needed.
- It includes a simple metal bracket for attachment to wire cages.
- The lid is available in 2 fun colors, green or red, sent randomly.
- Great capacity.
- BPA-free plastic bottle.
- Chew-resistant and leak-proof nipple.
- Includes a simple metal bracket attachment.
- Available in 2 fun colors.
- Colors are sent randomly.
- A bit pricy.
- Another amazing product from Lixit, this water bottle for rabbits, can hold up to 32 ounces of water, which is enough to keep multiple bunnies hydrated for a day or two.
- It features a pet-safe water bottle fully equipped with a medium ball-point tube cap that prevents leaks and dripping for a no-mess habitat.
- The plastic bottle also features a wide mouth that makes it easy for you to refill drinking water and clean it.
- Easy to install, this water bottle is securely attached to most wire cages without a problem.
- Lastly, the water bottle is available in 3 styles— Translucent, Skulls, and Camo that adds a bit of personality to your bunny’s habitat.
- Great water capacity.
- Pet-safe plastic water bottle.
- Medium ball-point tube cap.
- Easy to install.
- Wide mouth for easy cleaning and refilling.
- Available in 3 styles.
- It can be too big for some cages.
Water is important to survive.
Thus, keeping your adorable bunny well-hydrated not only ensures that they stay energetic, lively, and cute as they can be but also have a positive impact on their overall health and life.
And the best water bottles for rabbits from the above lists will make sure that your bunny will always have a fresh supply of water and keep them in tiptop shape.
Index Table: Top rated Water Bottles for Rabbits
|1||Choco Nose H528 Rabbit Water Bottle - Rabbit Water Bottle||Choco Nose||98.2|
|2||Lixit All-Weather Rabbit Water Bottle - Water Bottle for Rabbits||Lixit||97.7|
|3||Poodle Pet Premium - Rabbit’s Water Bottle||Poodle Pet||96.8|
|4||Kordon Oasis SOA80850 - Water Bottle for Rabbits||Kordon Oasis||96.6|
|5||Choco Nose H128 Small Animal Water Bottle - Water Bottle for Rabbits||Choco Nose||96.4|
|6||SatisPet Premium - Rabbit Water Bottle||SatisPet||96|
|7||Living World Eco + Water Bottle - Rabbit’s Water Bottle||Living World||97|
|8||Ferplast Sippy Water Bottle - Rabbit Water Bottle||Ferplast||97.5|
|9||SunGrow Pet Water Bottle - Water Bottle for Rabbits||SunGrow||96.5|
|10||Farm Innovators HRB-20 Heated Water Bottle For Rabbits - Water Bottle for Rabbits||Farm Innovators||97|
|11||RentACoop Small Animal Water Bottle - Water Bottle for Rabbits||RentACoop||97|
|12||Lixit Small Animal Water Bottle - Rabbit’s Water Bottle||Lixit||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Important Factors To Consider
- The Top 12 Best Water Bottles For Rabbits
- Choco Nose® H528 Rabbit Water Bottle Rabbit Water Bottle
- Lixit® All-Weather Rabbit Water Bottle Water Bottle for Rabbits
- Poodle Pet® Premium Rabbit’s Water Bottle
- Kordon Oasis® SOA80850 Water Bottle for Rabbits
- Choco Nose® H128 Small Animal Water Bottle Water Bottle for Rabbits
- SatisPet® Premium Rabbit Water Bottle
- Living World® Eco + Water Bottle Rabbit’s Water Bottle
- Ferplast® Sippy Water Bottle Rabbit Water Bottle
- SunGrow® Pet Water Bottle Water Bottle for Rabbits
- Farm Innovators® HRB-20 Heated Water Bottle For Rabbits Water Bottle for Rabbits
- RentACoop® Small Animal Water Bottle Water Bottle for Rabbits
- Lixit® Small Animal Water Bottle Rabbit’s Water Bottle
- Index Table: Top rated Water Bottles for Rabbits